View Full Version : Internet Warning

Karried
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
For those who just can't stay away ......

BEIJING, China (AP) -- A man in southern China appears to have died of exhaustion after a three-day Internet gaming binge, state media said Monday.

The 30-year-old man fainted at a cyber cafe in the city of Guangzhou Saturday afternoon after he had been playing games online for three days, the Beijing News reported.

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said.

The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.

The report said that about 100 other Web surfers "left the cafe in fear after witnessing the man's death."

China has 140 million Internet users, second only to the U.S.. It is one of the world's biggest markets for online games, with tens of millions of players, many of whom hunker down for hours in front of PCs in public Internet cafes.

Several cities have clinics to treat what psychiatrists have dubbed "Internet addiction" in users, many of them children and teenagers, who play online games or surf the Web for days at a time

California L33
09-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I can't help but think there may have been other causes. Chinese state media isn't exactly the most unbiased, and people on the internet aren't at the factory cranking out cheap merchandise for Americans. I'm not saying the stress of exhaustion might not have been contributory, but I've never heard of that happening in the U.S. or Europe where internet addiction has had a longer run. (Now, if I put on another pot of coffee I'll be able to stay online another 12 hours or so.)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-18-2007, 01:05 AM
HAHA! I fr@gg3d you to d3ath n00b!

LOL!!!ONE!!!!WTFBBQ!

PWND!