View Full Version : Bomber water tower???

Watson410
09-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Does anyone have any info on the water tower? I heard a rumor that they're planning on putting a hotel there... Anyone else heard anything?

bombermwc
09-17-2007, 08:26 AM
There has been a long standing plan for a better-than-average hotel (ie not like hoilday inn, or hampton or something, but not quite sheraton) to go in right at the circle there, but I have never heard really concrete details on the exact location.

One thing I can say, is that it is supposed to be rounded for the street there, and that it probably won't start until after the firestation has moved.

As you can see in their plan here...
http://www.geocities.com/bombermwc/tower.bmp

It looks as though the tower is smack dab in the middle of it all. Although, the city has to know it can't live without the water tower. My guess is that they rebuild it in the same general circle area so they don't have to do a lot of infrastrucutre changes. I'm wondering if it's that circle to the west of the hotel???

Watson410
09-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah it could be that circle just west, that makes the most sense.... like i said i heard it over the weekend and wanted to find out if it was true or not. It could take quite awhile for all that to take place.

soonerfaithful
09-17-2007, 10:05 PM
I noticed I guess it was Sunday a scaffold raised up at the tower. I couldn't see anyone on it at the time. I thought they might be doing some painting or something.
I really don't see them getting rid of the tower as it's our main one. Maybe moving it but hopefully not.
I'd love to see the tower stay where it is as a reminder of where the original MWC was.

bombermwc
09-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I haven't ever been a huge fan of the hotel idea anyway. Who wants to stay at a hotel in the middle of a strip mall...kind of like that Embassy going in down in Norman...weird.

That plot of land is so small, I just don't see how they think they can squeeze a real hotel in there. Maybe if they tore the road out or something, but it's just too weird with the way it is now.