View Full Version : The Queen of Sheeba

okiemom
09-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Queen of Sheba
2308 N Macarthur Blvd

Don't judge this place by its exterior. The inside is nicer than you would expect plus the service and prices are good.
Since this was my first visit to an Ethiopian restaurant, I have nothing to compare to. All I can say is liked the food.
The waiter will ask you if you've been there before. When you say no, he will explain how to eat the food which is with enjera bread. There are no utensils. Also, wet washclothes are brought to table with the food instead of napkins.
Our dishes were spicey but not unbearably so. The enjera bread took a bit of getting used.
If you're not familar with enjera, it's a flat spongy bread that's the foundation of the traditional Ethiopian meal. Ok, I looked that part up.
My husband wasn't with me so I'll probably go back soon so he can try the place.
If you like going to new places and trying different types of food it's worth going to.

CCOKC
09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I have driven by there a few times and thought it sounded interesting but I must admit it looks pretty scary. Do you think there would be anything for a vegetarian to eat there?

okiemom
09-14-2007, 07:28 AM
CCOKC, I believe they have several vegetarian dishes on the menu. I know VEGOK meets there on occasion.

CCOKC
09-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Well that sounds like a pretty good sign that it is veggie friendly.

BDP
09-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Since this was my first visit to an Ethiopian restaurant, I have nothing to compare to.

I'm a big fan. I'd say that Queen of Sheeba is pretty good, but it's kind of been Okified in that its spice is toned down a bit from what I am used to. But I would definately recommend to any local that hasn't had it before and wants to try some new food.