View Full Version : OU fans once again show their true colors

Pages : [1] 2

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 07:19 AM
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a church deacon and University of Oklahoma Sooners fan after officials say he grabbed a University of Texas fan between the legs during a scuffle in an Oklahoma bar.

A couple of months before the annual Red River Shootout between the Sooners and Longhorns, words were exchanged at Henry Hudson's Pub between Allen Beckett, 53, and Brian Thomas. Witnesses said it was because Thomas was wearing a UT T-shirt.

Neither Thomas or Beckett chose to comment, but the police report described what happened to the victim, including graphic details about his injuries that included a torn scrotal sack with partially exposed testicles...

Discuss -

betts
09-12-2007, 08:16 AM
One OU fan. I didn't see any plurality in that article.

Easy180
09-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Happy hour and wearing a UT shirt in Oklahoma City just doesn't mix very well

Attempt #100 to try and get a rise out of OU fans

Must be difficult for you to not be able to watch your team still playing in January huh?...Stinks that OSU is usually done by Christmas while the big boys are still practicing

Midtowner
09-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Congratulations on beating the fighting Schnellys last week.

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Hey, i found a news article about OU fans so i decided to post it in your guys section.

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
double post

Midtowner
09-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh there are a ton of articles about how OU beat the heck out of Miami.

Why not post one of those?

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
this one just happened to catch my eye.

Misty
09-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Happy hour and wearing a UT shirt in Oklahoma City just doesn't mix very well

No kidding, I had a crew from Austin come up last weekend for the game and one of the bliatches had the nerve to wear a UT shirt, at least it was navy and not burnt orange. I'll admit, I've worn UT shirts to events in Austin even though I'm an OU fan so she could have worn an OU shirt or ANYTHING else but that bliatch came all the way up here and the trip was for my friend Bob who used to play at OU but hasn't been to a game since he played and it was disrespectful of her, in my opinion. And I let her know. If she invited me to a UT game with her I wouldn't wear a damn OU shirt. Stupid girls, I shouldn't have invited the wives anyway, they always just ruin everything. LOL

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Still pretty sad that like most OU fans the guy probably didnt even have a college education, let alone go to OU. You should be able to wear any color or shirt you want to a game or anywhere with out worrying about some idiot assutling you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

bandnerd
09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I dare you to go anywhere in Louisiana wearing any shirt other than an LSU or other state university shirt.

Double dog dare ya.

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 09:26 AM
I dunno, i went to OSU so i hate Les Miles enough too...

Misty
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
I dare you to go anywhere in Louisiana wearing any shirt other than an LSU or other state university shirt.

Double dog dare ya.

Oh hell no! I got into a fight with a 5 year old little LSU brat when I was there for the Sugar Bowl a few years ago. Even the 5 year old fans are scary. My friends and I are petrified that we will have to play LSU again this year at the Sugar Bowl. I don't know if I'm brave enough to do it again........

ksearls
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
WOW! That is big news! A UT fan had balls?!!!!?!!!!

Midtowner
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
When you have a winning team, you attract all sorts.

I agree, many OU fans are idiots. The same goes for many OSU fans. The thing is -- I can't understand what would attract someone who never attended Oklahoma State to be a fan of a team which is a perennial loser.

Masochism?

CuatrodeMayo
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Underdogism, but mostly, alumnism.

AOL too...

Football Rivalry Sparks Bloody Skirmish - AOL Sports (http://sports.aol.com/story/ar/_a/football-rivalry-sparks-bloody-skirmish/20070911222809990001)

Makes my balls hurt.

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 09:49 AM
I can't understand what would attract someone who never attended Oklahoma State to be a fan of a team which is a perennial loser.

Masochism?

Big balls to not be a bandwagoner. Plus thanks to president boone our new stadium and althetic villiage will greatly help out our team.

http://www.osuf.org/graphics/BooneStadium01.jpg

Do you guys have a basketball team at OU, ive never hear anything about them?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Do you guys have a basketball team at OU, ive never heard of them ?

Does OSU have a basketball team that can stay out of jail? Click here. (http://www.sapulpadailyherald.com/collegesports/cnhisnscolsports_story_174233509.html)

Midtowner
09-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Actually, the bball team at OU owns the series versus OSU. They'll also likely be better this year than OSU's club. As far as the bandwagon affect, who knows? Do you still call it a bandwagon fan after several generations of non-college attendees are OU fans? Certainly support waxes in up years and wanes in down years -- the same would be true for any team.

I can understand though -- as an Okie State fan, you have no frame of reference. Just take my word for it.

As for your alma mater's new facilities, doubtless they will help the team in a lot of areas. Attendance, however, is something which will not increase overnight. I believe I read the attendance for the FAU game at being right around 38,000. That's less than half of the 85,000+ crowd which attended the Oklahoma game.

No doubt OSU is going to have a really big, really nice facility. I'd just be very concerned that it will also be a very empty feeling facility except for one game ever other year when your in-state rival helps you fill the seats.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Oooh...Looky here. Another one. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070821_2_B2_ERWor85470)

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Does OSU have a basketball team that can stay out of jail? Click here. (http://www.sapulpadailyherald.com/collegesports/cnhisnscolsports_story_174233509.html)

Our guys get in trouble for going into a bar with a fake id and a coach who drinks to much ..your football team has been in the news alot more for everything from stealing gas, getting money from boosters,...i could go on :)

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I still think all the booze problems stem from the old...

stillwater - a drinking town with a football problem

Midtowner
09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Could you?

College athletes can be some especially dumb people given the opportunity.

...take Prentice Elliot for example.

MadMonk
09-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Ironically, this picture's only slightly more empty than the stadium looks on game day. :D

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Our guys get in trouble for going into a bar with a fake id and a coach who drinks to much ..your football team has been in the news alot more for everything from stealing gas, getting money from boosters,...i could go on :)

Who said it was my football team?

I went to school in SoCal.

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I'd just be very concerned that it will also be a very empty feeling facility except for one game ever other .

As i was flipping past one of the few televised OU basketball games last year it looked like you guys struggle to fill up you little arena. You think they would get smart and make the move to a more suitable highschool court.

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 10:19 AM
WOW! That is big news! A UT fan had balls?!!!!?!!!!

not to get too lewd(and tos'd again), but im not surprised that a OU fan first instict was to grab for them.

Midtowner
09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Ah... the minor sports smack cometh.

GI seats 13,611 while the LNC seats 11,528. Not a huge difference in arena size. I think GI is a much nicer facility though.

Unfortunately for OSU, it's the 5 guys on the court who win games, not the fan attendance, etc. I predict OSU to be near the bottom of the Big XII this year in basketball while the Sooners improve.

Stinger
09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
You're digging deep to find those stories, smelly.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
You're digging deep to find those stories, smelly.

Who me?

I simply did a Google search of OSU athletes arrested, and those two were on the first page.

I don't care either way, I just dislike it when somebody starts talking trash from a wastebin.

Easy180
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Big balls to not be a bandwagoner. Plus thanks to president boone our new stadium and althetic villiage will greatly help out our team.

Do you guys have a basketball team at OU, ive never hear anything about them?

Might as well throw in wrestling and some other sports no one cares a crap about

Big balls to root for your alma mater?...Wow...That is impressive indeed

rugbybrado
09-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Might as well throw in wrestling and some other sports no one cares a crap about

I forget sometimes that no one cares about baseball, basketball, golf, or wrestling.

YOU guys dont care about other sports, because you're not good at any of them.

Easy180
09-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I forget sometimes that no one cares about baseball, basketball, golf, or wrestling.

YOU guys dont care about other sports, because you're not good at any of them.

Hey feel free to take all the lesser sports you want...You can even put up all those banners around the football stadium up there...Just be sure to put the actual sport in little bitty writing so a casual fan might mistakenly believe your football team has actually accomplished something

Easy180
09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
btw...Sorry rugby I didn't run across any breaking wrestling news, but this is good news for us OU fans...He listed the chance to burn OSU's 2 star DB's as the main reason for his decision

Jeff Fuller, one of the top wide receivers in Texas, committed to Oklahoma on Wednesday, according to Rivals.com.

The 6-foot-4, 200-pounder from McKinney, Texas, is listed a four-star prospect by Rivals. He also holds offers from Florida, Louisiana State, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas and Texas A&M.

Fuller was one of several high-profile recruits to visit Norman last weekend for OU's game against Miami. He was scheduled to visit Florida and Ohio State, but announced Wednesday he wouldn't take any more visits.

rugbybrado
09-13-2007, 06:43 AM
To get this back on subject -

I really think this guy should get the maximum penalty. From what the new9 article said about the texas guy is that he was headed up to the bar to pay his tab and leave when he was attacked. Sooner shirt or Longhorn shirt or not no one should ever be attacked like that when they are trying to leave a bar.

60 stitches is just crazy.

Midtowner
09-13-2007, 07:01 AM
He says that this was in self defense -- that the guy wearing the Texas shirt got in his face and he "took matters into his own hands" (hyuck hyuck).

But yeah, he should do time for this.

adaniel
09-13-2007, 07:03 AM
To get this back on subject -

I really think this guy should get the maximum penalty. From what the new9 article said about the texas guy is that he was headed up to the bar to pay his tab and leave when he was attacked. Sooner shirt or Longhorn shirt or not no one should ever be attacked like that when they are trying to leave a bar.

60 stitches is just crazy.

As an OU student I definitely don't condone this and I hope they throw the book at that guy for bringing so much humiliation to OU fans worldwide, but lets not act like this is a one way street. Both sides have there fair share of crazy bandwagon fans who want to start stuff, and Texas has picked up quite a few thanks to their MNC in 2005. Case in point: my old roommate went to Austin to see his girlfriend (who is an Aggie alum) with OU decals and Ok tags. When he was about to leave he found that some classy Texas fans keyed the hell out of his car with someone carving "BITCH" onto his hood. When he called the cops, Austin PD pretty much told him "what did you expect" while pointing to the big OU decal on his back window.

So yeah, moral of the story is there are psycho fans everywhere, but TX and aggie fans who think their fan base is above this need to really get off there self righteous high horse. I'm sure worse has been done but just hasn't been reported.

rugbybrado
09-13-2007, 08:03 AM
So yeah, moral of the story is there are psycho fans everywhere, but TX and aggie fans who think their fan base is above this need to really get off there self righteous high horse. I'm sure worse has been done but just hasn't been reported.

I agree, alot of crazy nut jobs out there who dont realize its just a game and make it dangerous for the rest of us.

CuatrodeMayo
09-13-2007, 09:03 AM

No one cares about basketball? You ever get out of Oklahoma?

SoonerBorn1973
09-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey, i found a news article about OU fans so i decided to post it in your guys section.

Yeah, I'm still watching for your latest post on that incredible QB Bobby Reid. You know, the one that got BOOED by the hometown crowd last week.

I could go on, too. How about you guys bringing in and suiting up a kid currently charged with raping a 12 year old girl. Oh yeah, that's the same thing Sooners always do. :rolleyes:

Easy180
09-13-2007, 09:18 AM
No one cares about basketball? You ever get out of Oklahoma?

Yeah, but it's normally to go to Cancun...Don't see much interest in basketball there either :LolLolLol

SoonerBorn1973
09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=adaniel;113430]As an OU student I definitely don't condone this and I hope they throw the book at that guy for bringing so much humiliation to OU fans worldwide,QUOTE]

What the resident aggy and others are failing to realize is the OU fan's story has yet to come to light. According to his lawyer, he was being beaten down by the texas fan and grabbed onto the closest thing that would stop the beating. Not saying this was the case, but it's stupid to take a story from SI that merely took the police report and ran with it. What that story leaves out is that particular police report did not contain statements from the accused OR any witnesses at the scene. Just the alleged victim while he was still at the hospital. And just like anyone who's ever been in a fight, I'm sure he told the officer the absolute truth (you know, how he was just minding his own business).

Easy180
09-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Exactly...No eye witness (and I'm sure there were plenty) statements have come out yet

It is the drunk OU dude's fault for being a dumbazz in the first place, but who knows who actually started the physical altercation

Big step up from just trash talking to just walking up to a guy and doing this...Probably some of Hudson's fault too for bringing out 10 beers per person at a time :Smiley051

Midtowner
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Apparently the victim is younger and has about 40 pounds on the defendant.

rugbybrado
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=adaniel;113430] And just like anyone who's ever been in a fight, I'm sure he told the officer the absolute truth (you know, how he was just minding his own business).

Very true, but sheesh, 60 stitches and ripping out someones testicles - the guys only defense to warrent assulting someone like that better be that he had a knife or gun to his head and was trying to protect himself.

Its easy for us to laugh and snicker about it, but if that would've happened to us...

Midtowner
09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
It wouldn't have because most of us wouldn't get into fights because someone wore the wrong color shirt.

Karried
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Just be glad you're not in Raider's country.

SoonerBorn1973
09-13-2007, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=SoonerBorn1973;113450]

Very true, but sheesh, 60 stitches and ripping out someones testicles - the guys only defense to warrent assulting someone like that better be that he had a knife or gun to his head and was trying to protect himself.

Its easy for us to laugh and snicker about it, but if that would've happened to us...

As stated a few posts ago, the "victim" is more than 20 years younger and 50 pounds heavier. Personally, if I was at that kind of disadvantage and recieving a beat down in which the guy wasn't letting up (which, as I understand it, is the "suspect's" story), I can't say I wouldn't look for the fastest way to bring the guy to his knees.

kmf563
09-13-2007, 11:29 AM
oh geez. I believe everything as seen on the news. Glad you guys do too. :rolleyes:
And I most certainly believe what two drunken people can conjure up to story tell. How big was that fish again???
This is no where near the actual event that took place. I can't give out details yet but the guy who had his nuts torn off deserved it. I can't believe you would take a story like this and make it about OU fans. That is not even relevant. That's like saying all OSU fans or athletes act like Byron Houston.
...and for the record. Check the stats on where this nutgrabber actually went to school. Riddle me that, Batman.

rugbybrado
09-13-2007, 11:36 AM
This is no where near the actual event that took place. I can't give out details yet but the guy who had his nuts torn off deserved it. I can't believe you would take a story like this and make it about OU fans.

...and for the record. Check the stats on where this nutgrabber actually went to school. Riddle me that, Batman.

Were you actually there?

It almost sounds like, but if you were why cant you say what actually happened?

I personally dont think it matters in the least where this guy actually went to school. Wether it was yale or ou/osu....

kmf563
09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Were you actually there?

It almost sounds like, but if you were why cant you say what actually happened?

I personally dont think it matters in the least where this guy actually went to school. Wether it was yale or ou/osu....

LOL. If you don't think it really matters where he went...then why tag the thread with "OU fans once again show their true colors"?? Seems like the colors he was showing were actually orange....

rugbybrado
09-13-2007, 12:26 PM
LOL. If you don't think it really matters where he went...then why tag the thread with "OU fans once again show their true colors"?? Seems like the colors he was showing were actually orange....

he had on a OU shirt, obviously it goes with the 'ou fans show their true colors'

you need to start supplying some links to back up these claims..

kmf563
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Can't supply a link to the people that work at Hudsons. Unless you want their address so you can actually go up there and talk to all the regulars and workers that were there on this day.

Misty
09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I used to wear a t-shirt that said LATINO PRIDE on it until someone stole it from me :( I would hate to think that if I'd ripped someone's nuts off while wearing that shirt people would have claimed that all Latinos are jerks. Especially since I'm a white girl. But I can still wear a shirt that claims otherwise dammit!

Misty
09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Wait a minute, I think it actually said LATINO HEAT. Yeah, that was it. It was the coolest shirt I've ever owned :(

SoonerBorn1973
09-14-2007, 04:36 AM
he had on a OU shirt, obviously it goes with the 'ou fans show their true colors'

you need to start supplying some links to back up these claims..

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Where in the story that you read does it say that Beckett was wearing an OU shirt? I know it states the alleged victim was wearing a texas shirt, but I didn't see the part of which you speak. Maybe you should start supplying links to back up these claims.

Let me guess, your next post will allege he was singing Boomer Sooner during the whole incident.:rolleyes:

rugbybrado
09-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Where in the story that you read does it say that Beckett was wearing an OU shirt? I know it states the alleged victim was wearing a texas shirt, but I didn't see the part of which you speak. Maybe you should start supplying links to back up these claims.

Let me guess, your next post will allege he was singing Boomer Sooner during the whole incident.:rolleyes:

You know what - it doesnt say that. It repeats the 'oklahoma fan' and 'shouldnt wear a long horn shirt into a oklahoma bar' ....then cites the rivalry about 10 times.

SoonerBorn1973
09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
You know what - it doesnt say that. It repeats the 'oklahoma fan' and 'shouldnt wear a long horn shirt into a oklahoma bar' ....then cites the rivalry about 10 times.

Again, I'm gonna need you to point out in that particular write up where it states you 'shouldnt wear a long horn shirt into a oklahoma bar'. I mean, you're using quotes as if you were repeating it verbatim. I'm starting to think Dexter Manley wasn't such an isolated incident.

rugbybrado
09-14-2007, 11:58 AM
-Again, I'm gonna need you to point out in that particular write up where it states you 'shouldnt wear a long horn shirt into a oklahoma bar'. I mean, you're using quotes as if you were repeating it verbatim. I'm starting to think Dexter Manley wasn't such an isolated incident.

-To some Oklahoma football fans, there are things that just aren't done in the heart of Sooner Nation, and one of them is to walk into a bar wearing a Texas Longhorns T-shirt

Football Rivalry Sparks Bloody Skirmish - AOL Sports (http://sports.aol.com/story/ar/_a/football-rivalry-sparks-bloody-skirmish/20070911222809990001)

This is a link that was posted earlier in the thread, you might try clicking on it next time.

PUGalicious
09-14-2007, 01:02 PM
As an OSU alum, I find myself embarrassed to admit that you, rugbybrado, are unfortunately showing the true colors of too many OSU fans — classlessness. As has been previously pointed out, it's kind of foolish to highlight such an incident as proof of the "true colors" of OU fans when there are just as many incidents where OSU fans and players have behaved like idiots.

The reality is that there are more than enough idiots on both sides of the bedlam divide. There's always finger-pointing about how much the other side stinks while ignoring their own stank. And you have successfully proven the old adage, "the smeller's the feller" — i.e. you've shown your own true colors while trying to expose the other side's "true colors."