View Full Version : Looking for Pilates...

imafish
09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I am looking for a beginners pilates class, hopefully not too expensive and I am not currently a member of a gym. Does anyone have sugguestions? Thanks!

rugbybrado
09-11-2007, 12:45 PM
just an idea - if your wanting to get into shape why dont you make yourself run around your block 4 times a day for two weeks first.

basically if you cant motivate yourself to do it everyday for only two weeks then you will be wasting the money on a gym membership anyway.

Misty
09-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Uhh....pilates and running are two totally different things. Try Art of Yoga in Paseo.

rugbybrado
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Uhh....pilates and running are two totally different things. Try Art of Yoga in Paseo.

most people do pilates to get into shape and tone up. if you have no dedication for your fitness then signing up for classes or a gym membership will just be a waste of money anyway.

edit to get the point across - most people are fat slugs who hear of some new popular workout or diet and hop on the bandwagon thinking that this will finally be the thing to get them into shape. they last a couple of weeks and go back to being fat slugs. like i said, if you cant force yourself to go running everyday for only two weeks then any stupid class or membership you sign up for will be a waste of money.

Misty
09-11-2007, 01:00 PM
You always post about how fat and lazy everyone else is, I'd really love to see a pic of you. Why don't you post one of you and your killer bod you have from being in such great shape and not being even slightly lazy? I'm always up for looking at pics of hot boys and with your attitude you must be a 10+. So let's see it, make sure we can see the abs.

rugbybrado
09-11-2007, 01:12 PM
-You always post about how fat and lazy everyone else is.

-Why don't you post one of you and your killer bod you have from being in such great shape and not being even slightly lazy? I'm always up for looking at pics of hot boys and with your attitude you must be a 10+. So let's see it, make sure we can see the abs.

I am looking for a beginners pilates class, hopefully not too expensive and I am not currently a member of a gym. Does anyone have sugguestions? Thanks!

That tells me that more than likely she hasnt ever worked out consistantly before in her life. She is young enough to not have kids and not old enough to have plenty of energy to work out but she just hasnt ever chosen to = lack of dedication. I go to the gym m-thurs, and saturday and I weight train and run each day. I see the influx of people on mondays and sometimes tuesdays(more right before summer and family holidays) and dont see them again for the rest of the week. Most people lack dedication so they never actually make any long term progress, instead they just masterbate their time and money away.

Im at all american m-thurs each evening and sat during the day, come find me.

Misty
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Im at all american m-thurs each evening and sat during the day, come find me.

Nah, that's the gym with all the chicken leg dudes that only work their arms and pecks. There's just something so gross about a guy with bigger boobs than I have and mine ain't small. I'm just saying, if you are all that then you'd be proud to show us how buff you are so all of OKC can be inspired by your Beefcakeness.

imafish
09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Well Misty thank you for your helpful sugguestions. I will have to check that out!

rugbybrado
09-11-2007, 01:29 PM
-that's the gym with all the chicken leg dudes that only work their arms and pecks.

-There's just something so gross about a guy with bigger boobs than I have and mine ain't small.

-I'm just saying, if you are all that then you'd be proud to show us how buff you are

-Nice try at an insult, but for me quads and calfs are on tuesday and thursday.

-You sound real smart - and classy.

-Told you were i would be and when...

Misty
09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
You know you are just obnoxious enough that you amuse the hell out of me. Oh, I'm so sorry I know that wasn't very classy to say "hell". Please forgive me, my Adonis. I'll be outside All American this evening in my trenchcoat and Jackie-O glasses stalker-style to watch that quad workout. That is, unless there is a good pizza special going on.

rugbybrado
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
That is, unless there is a good pizza special going on.

-You might miss your golden girls reruns.

Martin
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
rb,

i'm not sure if it's insecurity or 'roid rage but your comments are unacceptable. somebody asking about a pilates class doesn't warrant a diatribe about how the average person isn't committed to excercising. you can't jump all over people for every little thing.

-M

rugbybrado
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
its the roid rage.

Karried
09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I've heard that pilates is very calming and might help with roid rage ... maybe someone knows of a class?

betts
09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
The Four Graces and Pilates Body in Nichols Hills are great. I'm not sure how they compare to other places price wise.

tuck
09-12-2007, 05:12 AM
I used to take private classes at Absolute Balance Pilates, which is at NW 50th and Western, on the west side of a one-story office building...a bit hard to find. You need to be very careful that the studio you choose is actually certified on the teachings of Joseph Pilates; most are not. Absolute Balance is not a gym, they only provide pilates, give it a try. Ask for Lori or Toni.

RB / Misty - keep up the "girlie man" discussion...great stuff!!

FritterGirl
09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I used to take Pilates mat classes at Body by Decker in NH Plaza. She also has more traditional (cardio & weight) private training available. It's a small studio, mostly women, so not as intimidating like some big healthclubs used to be.

When I moved and changed jobs about a year ago, the studio became more out of the way, so I started taking Yoga at 3rd Street Yoga in Edmond (they have 2 Pilates classes/week and private instruction), and have been going about 5X/week to yoga clases ever since.

I believe how dedicated someone is to their workout routine relates directly to how they are energized by their surroundings. Not everybody enjoys the gym-rat experience. I used to go a gym faithfully about an hour or hour 1/2 almost every day, and it was drudgery, pure h*ll. I was just not stiumlated by that environment, nor that type of atmosphere, but for years that was the only game in town.

When I found Pilates, and then finally a good Yoga studio in OKC (we've got loads of them now), I found an exercise form I could stick to because it suited me physically and mentally.

Running and weight-lifting is not a cure-all for all people. Some people need a different type of exercise to be motivated to carry on.

foodiefan
09-14-2007, 04:38 PM
You might want to check out PACER Integris. Things are a little hectic now because they are expanding/renovating. In addition to the regular "gym" stuff, they have a wide variety of classes including Pilates and Yoga.