View Full Version : Unreal! Madeleine's Parents Charged

Karried
09-07-2007, 06:27 AM
This is just blowing my mind! The parents are being named as suspects... it's just unbelievable. I'm not sure if they are doing it for extra protection or if they enough evidence to blame the parents. I'm curious about the outcome.. either way, what a tragic story.

Madeleine's blood found in car - friend

<LI class=cnnhiliteheader>Story Highlights
Spokesperson: Madeleine McCann's parents expected to be formal suspects
Blood found in car rented by Kate and Gerry McCann, said spokeswoman
Kate McCann questioned as a witness for 11 hours on Thursday
British girl went missing from Praia da Luz resort in Portugal, May 3(CNN) -- Madeleine McCann's blood was found in a car her parents rented 25 days after they reported her disappearance, family spokeswoman Justine McGuinness told CNN.

Police also told McCann's mother, Kate, on Friday that she has been made a formal suspect in the disappearance of the young British girl.
Kate McCann was questioned as a witness at a police station in Portimao, a town in Portugal's Algarve region, for almost 11 hours the day before, and left looking visibly shaken and drained, according to CNN's Paula Hancocks.

She returned to the station on Friday for further questioning.

Madeleine's father Gerry McCann is also expected to be questioned on Friday. Family friend Clarence Mitchell told the Associated Press that Gerry would also be named as arguido or a formal suspect. The couple have maintained their innocence throughout.

The McCanns "continue to deny absolutely they had anything to do" with their daughter's disappearance, Mitchell said.

As a formal suspect under Portuguese law Kate McCann will gain more legal protection than if she was just questioned as witnesses. This would allow her to remain silent during questioning and to have legal representation.

Those involved in criminal investigations in Portugal can ask to be declared formal suspects to receive this protection although it is unclear whether she has asked to do this.

Madeleine (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/madeleine_mccann) disappeared days before her 4th birthday on May 3 from her holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Madeleine's parents have campaigned internationally to secure the safe return of their daughter, including having a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/pope_benedict_xvi) and securing support from Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/j_k_rowling) and soccer star David Beckham (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/david_beckham).

Until now police have insisted Madeleine's parents were not suspects and were being questioned as witnesses.

Until now only person has been named as a formal suspect, British national Robert Murat, who has denied any involvement in the case.
Hancocks said Friday the dramatic development in the case came amid reports of a possible forensic breakthrough.

PA reported Thursday the UK-based Forensic Science Service (FSS) had uncovered "significant new information" after analyzing evidence taken from the holiday apartment.
Specks of blood, items of clothing and other objects in the apartment were being tested.
Portuguese police said they were now giving special attention to the theory that Madeleine was dead, PA reported.

But a spokeswoman for the FSS told PA that tests were ongoing: "There has been no change in that, despite what the reports say. It's a live investigation and we are working with the police."

Kate McCann continued to appeal for those responsible for her daughter's disappearance to release her or call the police.

"I miss Madeleine so much," said Kate McCann in a statement. "Gerry and I want to appeal again to the person or people who took her or know who took her to do the right thing.

"It is not too late -- please let her go or call the police. We came to Portugal an ordinary family of five. We just want to know what happened on May 3 and want to be able to go home one family, reunited."

Easy180
09-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Oh my....What a weird twist

With all the international exposure this story received there will be a sh*t storm raining down on those parents if this was just a hoax

tnajk
09-08-2007, 03:14 PM
The parents are being set up.

There is speculation of a pedophile ring in/around Portugual and that some of the Portugual Police and other Politicaly important individuals are involved and corrupt making monetary gains from such.

If they are actually guilty then why such a big worldwide campaign to find her? They don't benefit from the Campaign personally. The money raised is not easily accessable to them. Any use must be cleared through a series of trust managers (I can't think of the name) and whatever is not used for Madeleine's search will be donated to help find other missing children.

If we go with the theory that Kate killed Madeleine, she would have to kill and hide the body within the vicinity (in a foreign Country where she knows no one I might add) and come back to the table by 10:00 pm. That's an impossibly short window of time, given the fact that she was dining with a table full of witness' to see her leave to check on the children and come back.

Lets say miraculously, that happened, Kate would need an accomplice to help her move the body in an area that would prevent the 60 hotel and police search personnel from finding the body.

Lets, say hypothetically that occurred and her accomplice (who can not be Gerry since he was at the table) moved the body for her. So, the body stays in a remote area until Kate and Gerry rent their car after 25 days. Then Kate's accomplice and her place the body in the car and dispose the body.

A body would be decomposing at that point, so it would not make any sense to find blood in the car. So, if the police are saying they found Madeleine's blood in the car they rented 25 days after she disapeared... well then that's good news. Why? Because that means she is probably still alive! That blood was taken from her to use to set up her parents. If the tables are turned on them, no one will be looking for Madeleine anymore. The kidnappers will be able to move her. She's probably been in the same location since day one. The kidnappers haven't been able to move her due to all of the media coverage.