View Full Version : Maybe a little early but...

dalelakin
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM
does anyone still think there will be a starting QB debate in Norman after yesterday?

Real test will be next weekend I know but quite impressive for Sam yesterday eh?

Martin
09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
bradford played strongly and consistently... there's no question in my mind that he'll start against miami. however, i don't think we'll get a chance to see how well he performs under pressure until that game is played.

-M

Watson410
09-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah it'll be real interesting to see how he handles himself next weekend. Honestly.... North Texas was nothing but a really good High School team. Next weekend should be the real test.

Easy180
09-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Still....His throws were on the money for the most part...I started to feel bad for the wild haired cornerback trying to cover Kelly

Bet that dude slept pretty good Sat night

Even though Miami was crap last year their defense is solid and is always loaded with NFL talent....We will see how he handles himself after a pick or two

Intrepid
09-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Even though Miami was crap last year their defense is solid and is always loaded with NFL talent....We will see how he handles himself after a pick or two

I was surprised last night when it was announced OU was a 10.5 point favorite. I bet it comes down a bit later this week. I expected it to be 4 or 5 points.

Easy180
09-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I was surprised last night when it was announced OU was a 10.5 point favorite. I bet it comes down a bit later this week. I expected it to be 4 or 5 points.

I think the line makers are concerned with how well Miami's offense will do ....Don't see them getting too many points in Norman

Just saw Saturday's forecast shows possible flooding so it could get interesting

dalelakin
09-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Ummm how about now still a debate? Cant't wait until 10/6...:fighting3

Martin
09-10-2007, 06:37 AM
miami looked weak against marshall, so i thought ou had a decent chance. i didn't expect such a lopsided victory... not that i'm complaining! the game definitely solidified bradford's position at quarterback. there's no debate.

texas had a weak start against tcu and didn't dominate against arkansas state as they should have. i think this year's ou team has a pretty good chance against this year's texas team. i can't wait, either.

-M

oumoodman85
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM
mmm I agree with your overall thoughts, but you thought Miami looked "weak" against Marshall in week 1?

All of the college football pundits were flailing all over themselves for Randy Shannon and his newly infused discipline at "the U" after their first win.

Not many people called for the outright upset (against OU), but I dare say that the majority of the country thought Miami looked pretty strong against Marshall. Albeit, everyone knows the history of their offensive problems. However I believe that a couple of ESPN articles pointed out their strong running game.

I will be following Miami for the rest of the season, and wish Randy Shannon only the best of luck.

Martin
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
perhaps i underestimate marshall as a team but i don't see them as much competition. while i have to admit that i didn't watch miami vs. marshall in its entirety, what i did see did not leave me with a strong impression of miami's abilities. i was left with the feeling that miami should have rolled a bit easier than they did... but hey, that was just my impression from what i watched of the game.

-M

dalelakin
09-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Marshall gave West Virginia some problems at first...