View Full Version : What has happened to channel 34?

mikekrauss
09-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Its been off the air for three days now. This station carried some of my favorite shows such as Jerry Springer and Cheaters.

plmccordj
09-01-2007, 09:11 PM
I think they are changing over to their new tower...

New KOCB Tower-- paul l mccord jr | photo//tech (http://blog.paulmccord.net/2007/07/01/new-kocb-tower/)

If you have a digital television, you can get them on 25.2 or you can get them on satellite or cable. I went to the station today to take some pictures and the Oklahoma County Sherriff told me they had already cut power from the old tower. The new tower is more than 1600 feet while the other one was 1200 feet.

Paul

cityguy
09-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Its been off the air for three days now. This station carried some of my favorite shows such as Jerry Springer and Cheaters.

You ARE kidding, right?

ShiroiHikari
09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
It sure is taking them a long time to get back up and running...

mikekrauss
09-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Well actually I am guilty of watching these two shows from time to time. But haven't we all been tempted to? There are a few others such as According to Jim and Frazier. I figured mentioned the other two would draw a bigger reaction.

So does this new tower mean that the only way to view this channel is either on cable or satellite?

plmccordj
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Right now you can view them on Satellite, Cable, or digital channel 25.2.

ShiroiHikari
09-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I have cable and we still can't get it. Maybe our cable company stopped carrying them. Lord knows we don't have the best cable service here in Lexington.

plmccordj
09-03-2007, 08:00 PM
My cousin lives in SW OKC and has Cox and he told me that he can get. I have Dish Network so I cannot vouch for that. We do have a digital television and receive it through there as well.

Matt
09-04-2007, 12:20 PM
This was posted to HDTVOK.com (http://www.hdtvok.com/2007/08/31/kocb-analog-and-digital-transmission-problem/) by the Director of Engineering for KOCB on August 31:

We experienced a transmission line failure at appoximitly 9:38PM Thursday evening, resulting in knocking off KOCB Analog and Digital. KOCB Programming can be found at 25.2 while we work on restoration of the transmission line. I will keep everyone posted on the staus. We hope that we can get this repaired by late this evening. I apologize for the interuption of service and we are working very diligently to get this back on the air ASAP.

Steve

KOKH/KOCB Director of Engineering

Update 12:30 AM 8-31-07

We have identified where the problem exsists, and the tower crew will start Saturday morning removing the damaged line. No eta as to when we will be back on the air until we break the line and see what is all damaged.

MrZ
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I miss Comedy Court on Channel 34 from the 80's. I used to stay up late watching Benny Hill and Three Stooges on that.

Matt
09-08-2007, 06:49 AM
The latest updates posted on hdtvok.com:

Update 7:30 AM 9-5-07

If the weather cooperates, we might have all the repairs to the transmission line done late Thursday evening and have KOCB analog and digital back on the air. The burnout damaged over 300′ of transmission line, and it’s a time intensive process of replacing the line, and cleaning out the line below from all the soot.

Steve

Update 9:30 AM 9-6-07

The tower crew has made it to the original burnout at 1300′, but the line is heavily sooted, and will have to be cleaned before we can get KOCB back on the air. We are hoping that once they get pass the burnout, the line will clear up, but we just don’t know. Here’s a pic of the inside of the line to give you a idea of the soot and damage.

Steve

http://www.fox25news.net/kokh/linedamage.jpg