View Full Version : N. May and NW Expressway construction

metro
08-29-2007, 07:57 AM
I've been meaning to post this for weeks now but keep forgetting. Does anyone know what all the construction is on N. May on both the north and south sides of NW Expressway. It appears they are widening/straigtening the westbound NW Expressway on-ramp. Also behind the hotel on the NE corner of the intersection they are doing a bunch of dirt work. Just south of the strip center near Best Buy a block further north of Expressway, they tore down a building and looks like they are going to build something. Also on the south side of Expressway in front of the Target there is some utility/easement work going on there as well.

Anyone know?

metro
10-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know yet? It's starting to look like they are constructing some sort of flyover ramp on the north side of the road.

PUGalicious
10-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't know what they are doing or how long it's going to take, but I do know it's highly annoying and extremely inconvenient.

traemac
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
they are trying to improve the drainage

traemac
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
suppose to last 8 months

lkberry1
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I've been meaning to post this for weeks now but keep forgetting. Does anyone know what all the construction is on N. May on both the north and south sides of NW Expressway. It appears they are widening/straigtening the westbound NW Expressway on-ramp. Also behind the hotel on the NE corner of the intersection they are doing a bunch of dirt work. Just south of the strip center near Best Buy a block further north of Expressway, they tore down a building and looks like they are going to build something. Also on the south side of Expressway in front of the Target there is some utility/easement work going on there as well.

Anyone know?

They're replacing the water main. Unfortunately they've run into problems with permits & such.

PUGalicious
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Is it not a city contract? How does a city contractor run into problems with city permits?

lkberry1
10-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Is it not a city contract? How does a city contractor run into problems with city permits?

It's contractors doing the work, not city workers. I don't know why they're having problems with permits but that's the word at the water dept.

PUGalicious
10-02-2007, 10:52 AM
What idiots — the contractors AND the city!

jbrown84
10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.firebox.org/cve/redtape.gif

oneforone
10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Plan on this project taking a long time. I think this is the same crew that had NW 63rd and Portland all tore up just a couple of months ago. Chances our they are having problems moving the lines that supply the fake breast implant machine at Hooters.

teacher girl
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
they have had those huge drainage things out, I know that just a bit north of there they tore up the IBC (or whatever) bank and are rebuilding that! I hope they do something to make access to may from the expressway a bit easier then having to U turn all over the place

but I have found that going the back way (past that sonic and then right in front of home depot) is a quick and easy way to get around that!

metro
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Construction is still very heavy in this area. Does anyone know if they will be improving (re-aligning and widening), the on/off ramps at May Ave.? They sure need it and the overpass really needs to be replaced as well.