View Full Version : Man mails severed finger......

OkieKAS
08-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I wonder which finger it was?

Japanese extremist arrested after mailing finger

TOKYO - Police arrested an extremist Thursday for sending his severed finger to the ruling party to protest the prime minister’s absence from a shrine on the anniversary of the end of World War II, officials and news reports said.

Yoshihiro Tanjo, a 54-year-old member of an ultra-right-wing group in Okayama, western Japan, was arrested on charges of threatening Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his Liberal Democratic Party, a prefectural police spokesman said on customary condition of anonymity. He said no other details could be immediately released.

Kyodo News agency said Tanjo mailed his severed finger, a DVD showing the finger being chopped, and a protest statement to the LDP headquarters on Aug. 16, the day after the anniversary of the war’s end.

Midtowner
08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Van Gogh wannabees.

OkieKAS
08-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Some people's kids are just way too weird.

There should be some law against mailing a body part......it prolly contaminated all of the mail.

Don't buy Japanese.

Martin
08-24-2007, 06:24 AM
i dunno... if you're really looking for a way to give somebody the finger.

-M

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-24-2007, 06:29 AM
He made a DVD of it?

HA!

Digital Video Disc?

Dark Jedi
08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
If you have experienced Japanese culture, it actually makes sense. It;s still weird, but makes sense.

OkieKAS
08-24-2007, 10:57 AM
i dunno... if you're really looking for a way to give somebody the finger.

-M

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh waaaaaay bad. LOL

OkieKAS
08-24-2007, 11:01 AM
He made a DVD of it?

HA!

Digital Video Disc?

hahahahahahaha.........digit.....al....ROFL......: eek:

OkieKAS
08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
If you have experienced Japanese culture, it actually makes sense. It;s still weird, but makes sense.

Haven't done that....the kamikaze stuff always turned my head, I don't know if it was pure bravery, educated stupidity or just an entirely thoughtless endeavor for their country, but I just never got that hit and die kinda mentality.

I am not one to study up on various cultures, I can barely understand our own, these days.

mikekrauss
08-24-2007, 12:00 PM

Reminds me of a japanese joke I once heard. This man stops at a toll both for a bridge spanning a very deep river. He pays his money and starts off only to be stopped by the toll taker. The toll taker tells the man he only paid half of the toll. The man explains that is because he plans to go half way and jump off.

OkieKAS
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
I wonder if the toll taker just shrugged....and said....oh well, that makes sense......then go right ahead, sorry to keep you.....

Dark Jedi
08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I wonder if the toll taker just shrugged....and said....oh well, that makes sense......then go right ahead, sorry to keep you.....

No, he would have apologized for being presumptuous and questioning the man's honor.

Funny story from my days in Japan.

A young man, clad in leather and chains ala 80's punk, walking down the street. He has a stick, and is smashing things and making threatening swings at people. No one 'notices' him or acknowledges his existence.
He comes upon an elderly lady waiting to cross the street. He swerves over toward her, and I am moving to intercept, assuming in my American mind he will harrass or harm her, perhaps rob her.
He stops a few feet from her, puts his stick down, and bows to her. She returns the bow, takes his arm, and he assists her across the street.
He returns to his stick and resumes his destructive path.

It is a weird culture, to be sure.