View Full Version : Do you have toads or turtles or lizards or snakes in your yard?

rx7guy
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
If any of you guys or gals have any toads or turtles or lizards or snakes around your yard/ workplace and they make you uncomfortable, I will gladly relocate them to my gardens for you! Just shoot me a Pm or post here what you have and if you have any idea of the amount of them and ill gladly come pick them up. No need to worry about me hurting or harming them in any way, i've been dealing with these critters since i was just a wee little lad and are very experienced in handling them.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-17-2007, 03:03 AM
All of the above, and you can't have them :P

They eat the bugs.

MadMonk
08-17-2007, 06:04 AM
All of the above, and you can't have them :P

They eat the bugs.

:yeahthat:

No snakes and only one turtle, but I think I have a record number of toads this year. My only problem with them is that I have to be very careful when trimming the yard. Luckily, there have been no casualties this year (so far). :D

OkieKAS
08-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I love my little toads, lizards and snakes. My little Chihuahua looks for them every time she ventures outdoors.

Hundreds of little toads and some small water frogs everywhere this year. And the crickets. Lots of locust, too!

There are severalmany other bugs around that I have not recognized before in OK.

I have not seen a Horny Toad in years, however, hubby said he had seen some on our new land site. They used to be everywhere.

I have seen several tarantulas on the roads out there, too.

Nice to know that all of the littlest creatures are alive and prospering in the world.

amandagall5
08-17-2007, 05:15 PM
My Westie looks for toads and lizards everytime he goes outside. The most common sight of him in the back yard is his white rear end sticking out from under a bush, with his tail wagging furiously. He has never caught anything though.

OkieKAS
08-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Zoi just looks at them and watches them, but my son's dog, Jaeger, he tries to eat them. He spits them back out rather quickly, however. Then he spits for awhile. Must taste really awful because there isn't much that Jaeger spits back out. He is a blue heeler.

They like to get under the deck and where the hot tub is located. That is where Zoi goes to look for them at.

I can not be outside when the mowers are going because I think they are all getting ran over, but I have never seen a dead one yet.

Just ole Jaeger spitting them out!

rx7guy
08-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the replies, im glad im not the only animal lover out here!