View Full Version : Give us back our Soccer...

Dad 1130
08-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Bill Spens and whoever he is in bed with at Norman Regional Hospital have really hurt the once proud Norman Youth Soccer Association.

They have just announced that every parent in Norman will have to go buy new jersey's this year (only from Richard Baptist and the Athletic Village monopoly) with the Norman Regional logo on them.

Let's ignore that AV soaks parents for three times what the jersey's cost, and that kids only wear them 8 times per season so they can often last for multiple years in multiple generations (big brothers and sisters etc...)

If we are turning our children into billboards for the "new" corporate sponsor shouldn't the hospital be picking up the tab for the shirts?!?!

plus

What's the hurry? Couldn't you just add the logo to the original color shirts and let it phase in for the next few years? Or is the plan to make this change and soak the parents every year?

I notice Don Rother seems to be making out all right as well as the rest of the new "paid" staff.

Hey Spens...give us our soccer back, and tell us where the money went!

Dad 1130
08-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Well...it appears I was placing the blame for the youth soccer situation on the wrong shoulders. My apologies to Mr. Spens who may be the only one in Norman who is still trying to make Norman Soccer work.

The jersey change is a part of club unification. For those of you who know nothing about soccer take it from me...THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. The entire club having a similar theme at every level is important, and brings unity rather than division to rec and comp groups. Yes, the parents should have been notified of this, but apparently trying to explain it was an exercise in futility.

The hospital's contribution is the only thing saving a league that is hemorrhaging from every area due to a UTTER LACK OF COMMITMENT from parents.

I thought about just removing my original post or letting it die, but I would rather post my apology to Mr. Spens and Mr. Rother and a challenge to the rest of you. If you care about soccer in Norman then pick up a phone and lend a hand. The time has come for all of us to STEP UP.

Jeopardude
08-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Well...it appears I was placing the blame for the youth soccer situation on the wrong shoulders. My apologies to Mr. Spens who may be the only one in Norman who is still trying to make Norman Soccer work.

The jersey change is a part of club unification. For those of you who know nothing about soccer take it from me...THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. The entire club having a similar theme at every level is important, and brings unity rather than division to rec and comp groups. Yes, the parents should have been notified of this, but apparently trying to explain it was an exercise in futility.

The hospital's contribution is the only thing saving a league that is hemorrhaging from every area due to a UTTER LACK OF COMMITMENT from parents.

I thought about just removing my original post or letting it die, but I would rather post my apology to Mr. Spens and Mr. Rother and a challenge to the rest of you. If you care about soccer in Norman then pick up a phone and lend a hand. The time has come for all of us to STEP UP.

Very classy to apologize, Dad. I hope the parents pick up the slack or a successful fundraiser's put together so the kids can play the world's game.

Dark Jedi
08-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Very classy to apologize, Dad. I hope the parents pick up the slack or a successful fundraiser's put together so the kids can play the world's game.

That's what I was gonna say. Be a coach, and help the upcoming generation learn the value of character. You appear to have plenty to share.