View Full Version : Saii

metro
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Has anyone been here yet? It looks pretty good quality.

Saii Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar is Oklahoma City’s new premier hot spot for Sushi and amazing Asian cuisine.

Saii offers a full menu of not only Asian inspired dishes, but they also have a very extensive sushi menu! Whether you want Nigiri, Sashimi, or a wide variety of rolls their sushi is fresh and unique and guaranteed to satisfy your sushi cravings!

Not a sushi fan? Not a problem. Saii isn’t a sushi bar that has a couple Asian dishes…..Saii has a FULL menu of delicious Asian cuisine. Everything from noodle bowls, to entrees featuring Chicken, Beef and Shrimp there is truly something for everyone.

Location and Contact Information
6900 N. May
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
405-702-SAII

http://hookup.kj103fm.com/cc-common/gallery/thumb.php?

Turanacus
08-10-2007, 10:19 AM
dude, check the SUSHI thread.

HOT ROD
08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
saiibistro.com (http://www.saiibistro.com/)

metro
08-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Turanacus, I did, not much of any review on the place other than you said the place was good. I was hoping for more in depth reviews of the place from yourself or anyone who might have been there. From their website, I understand they serve more than sushi too.

DanielSteele1970
01-02-2008, 03:21 PM
It was a pretty nice setting. The lights were dimmed low. My wife and our kids ordered some entrees and sushi for dinner. We gotten VERY SICK. I would NOT RECOMMEND!

eataroundokc.com
01-17-2008, 08:17 AM
We have a review on it with a few comments as well. Some like it, others claim they get sick. I've not been there personally as this was written by another writer. Link below.

Saii, sophisticated sushi experience (http://www.eataroundokc.com/2007/saii-sophisticated-sushi-experience/)

OKCfoodaddict
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
BAD experience, My girlfriend and I had other sushi for 2 and an en tree. We both took a few bits of the food and never finished it. Food looks like it wasn't even touched.. Pay for the over priced food and left. New restaurant i'm guessing unexperienced cooks and sushi roller.

OKCfoodaddict
03-16-2008, 06:50 PM
It was a pretty nice setting. The lights were dimmed low. My wife and our kids ordered some entrees and sushi for dinner. We gotten VERY SICK. I would NOT RECOMMEND!

Agree with the nice settings, but food seems to be cooked from a book. I'm guessing new restaurant, unexperienced cooks and sushi roller. After we was finish, the food looks untouched and paid for the over priced food.

Joopy
08-21-2008, 09:24 AM
BAD experience, My girlfriend and I had other sushi for 2 and an en tree. We both took a few bits of the food and never finished it. Food looks like it wasn't even touched.. Pay for the over priced food and left. New restaurant i'm guessing unexperienced cooks and sushi roller.

I agreed with you, very bad impression.:iagree:

istilldon'tgetit
08-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Most of these replies don't even make sense. EVERBODY at your table got sick?
sounds more likely that one of your little kids had the flu and gave it to the rest of you. The food was cooked from a book? WTF?

They are called cookbooks. They are not uncommon. As far as "overpriced food", in my experience Sushi is not the best arena to go bargain shopping. The "reviews"on this site seem less helpful everday.

Karried
08-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Saii, sophisticated sushi experience (http://www.eataroundokc.com/2007/saii-sophisticated-sushi-experience/)

I haven't been there so can't comment but read the above. With the internet anyone can leave a comment, true or not, and sometimes it's competitors.. which is very common.

Try it yourself and then decide.

Susan12
11-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Has anyone of you been to Saii lately? My friends and I have been Saii several times since they're open, we love the atmosphere and even love the food, I always have their house specials. Anyway, I went to Saii last week for my friend's birthday, I saw they have new management, are renovating the whole restaurant, they even lower down their sushi prices, I couldn't believe that, our server told us that the new management is trying to improve the restaurant image and service to give customers a brand-new Saii. good luck Saii! I would recommand give it a shot!

Susan12
11-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Has anyone of you been to Saii lately? My friends and I have been to Saii several times since they're open, we always love their food and even love the atmosphere. Anyway, I went to Saii last week for my friend's birthday, I saw they have new management ( love their new management), renovating the whole restaurant, they even lower down their sushi prices, our server told us that they got customers complained about their sushi are pricey (which I agree), she also told us that their new management been trying to improve the restaurant image and service to give customers a brand-new Saii. How excited! Good luck Saii! So if anyone of you hasn't been back to Saii lately, I would recommand give it a shot. Afterall, it's the coolest place in OKC, i think.

JoshOU
12-09-2008, 05:54 PM
what can i say... the food is great here... variety in everything~! i would recommend anyone to this restaurant... great experience....

stickboy
12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
I've been once.. the food was ok. However, I don't think I'll be going back as myself and someone else in my group ended up with pink eye after our visit.

tuck
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
I've been once.. the food was ok. However, I don't think I'll be going back as myself and someone else in my group ended up with pink eye after our visit.

I'll bet you didn't get pink eye because of something the restaurant did. Give them another try.

istilldon'tgetit
12-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Pink eye from a restaurant? I hope this web site does not allow people to dispense medical advice. And as for the pink-eyed poster, maybe you should look up how the virus is ACTUALLY transmitted, and you won't be so quick to share.
remember, kids, always wash your hands.

taylor83
12-15-2008, 07:26 AM
I've been to Saii twice and both times we're great. We ordered edamame and sea weed salad to start, a bottle of wine, and a few sushi rolls for dinner. The food and the staff were excellent both times. When I go to sushi restaurants I seldom order anything but sushi, but this last time we ordered their Chicken Curry dish. It was a fantastic surprise! We split the dish and it was one of the best curry's I've had in the city.

I highly recommend Saii and also, if you're going on a weekend night, I would also recommend making a reservation. I'm sorry I can't give a more detailed review of the sushi, because it has been too long to remember exactly what we ordered.

Hope that helps!

JayJay
12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
The food at Saii is great, it's the service that is usually horrible.

My wife and I ate there several times after it opened. On one visit we received crab stick instead of albacore. We told the server and she brought us albacore. At the end of our meal we decided we would each eat the crab stick just to try it. When we received the bill, both the albacore and crab stick were on the bill. We asked our server about the mix up and her reply was "well you ate it didn't you" With drinks our bill was just over $120. So instead of taking a $5 sushi item off the bill, she made us pay. We made up the difference in her tip.

After a year of avoiding Saii, we decided to give it another try last night. The server was very nice and the food was great. Our drinks had ZERO alcohol in them. I told the server the bartender must have forgotten the vodka in our drinks. He said he would inform the people at the bar. The server never offered to remake the drinks or do anything about it. I finally ordered a shot of vodka so we could pour it into our drinks. At the end of the meal our bill had two drinks PLUS two shots of vodka on the it!!

The owner must not train the employees to take care of customers. The theme at this restaurant must be to avoid fixing mistakes at all costs. We will never go back to Saii.

onthestrip
12-22-2008, 07:47 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how cheap it is for a restaurant to correct a problem with a customer yet its so costly to sit back and let the customer leave without doing anything.
Any restaurants operators out there listen up, just take care of the customer and if that means comping an item, do it. You will be better off for it.

ksearls
12-22-2008, 07:55 AM
I too dined at Saii this weekend and the food and service was excellent. We had a couple kinds of sushi and the shrimp with red curry. I did think my glass of wine was a bit skimpy.

trythis
12-26-2008, 11:34 PM
love their food and service always. there was one time the server mess up our orders, we told the manager about that, we ended up got free drinks and appetizers. always go to the one who is in charge.

JuJuBeans
04-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Me and my friend both got sick from eating here. The atmosphere is nice. Food is mediocre and overpriced.

crouchingliger
04-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Not a big fan of raw chicken in my dish, so I doubt I'll be giving it another try.