View Full Version : Ted's moving to old Bahama Breeze?

ISayGoPokes
08-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I heard a rumor from an unreliable source that Ted's will be moving into the old Bahama Breeze location on Lake Hefner. And that they will keep the original location near 68th and May open.

I don't really see Ted's as a good fit for the East Wharf location, or really the need to have 2 Ted's restaurants open so close to each other.

Like I said, this is not a reliable source- just wondering if anyone else had heard this?

betts
08-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I've heard the same thing. However, I also heard they were concerned about having two restaurants so close to one another. I've also heard the rumor that the Norman restaurant /club who's name I'm forgetting (new/upscale) is going in there.

Decious
08-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Probably Seven47 betts.

|| Seven47 - Norman Oklahoma's Most Exciting Restaurant || (http://www.seven47.com)

I'd much prefer this venue over Ted's....it's a nice little spot.

xd0nn4x
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm depressed the Bahama Breeze closed down! its where me and my fiance had our first date! And its where i ate the night before i had my daughter *tear*

BricktownGuy
08-03-2007, 02:50 AM
would like to see something more of a rare restaurant go in. It was sad it see BB go. Why can Hal Smith not find something better to go in?

betts
08-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Yes, it is Seven47. That's the last rumor I heard, a week or so ago.

tuck
08-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Whatever occupies that spot will creat the biggest traffic jam in the city. I have heard from a Hal Smith rep that they are in discussions with the Cabo Del Sol people out of Tulsa....good mexican food and huge volumes. Seven47 would not be a good fit, too much square ft.

striker
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
please not another mexican restaurant.

John
08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Whatever occupies that spot will creat the biggest traffic jam in the city. I have heard from a Hal Smith rep that they are in discussions with the Cabo Del Sol people out of Tulsa....good mexican food and huge volumes. Seven47 would not be a good fit, too much square ft.

That would be funny, since a Cabo del Sol occupied the spot currently housing Pearl's Lakeside.

I was hoping for Hal or someone else to bring in Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.

betts
08-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I was hoping for Hal or someone else to bring in Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.

That would certainly fit the style of the building better. A Mexican restaurant would look silly in that building. But the current style is appropriate for a waterside venue, so I hope it's something other than Mexican.

Turanacus
08-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I was told that Red Lobster is going to move into that location.

okclee
08-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I have been hearing rumors about a "Jack in the Box" moving to the metro, maybe "Jack in the Box" on the lake?

FritterGirl
08-03-2007, 06:33 PM
please not another mexican restaurant.

That would be funny, since a Cabo del Sol occupied the spot currently housing Pearl's Lakeside.

Striker, Cabo del Sol was not "just another Mexican restaurant." It offered a wide array of seafood, as well as other dishes that more closely ressembled authentic Mexican, and not Tex-Mex (no beans and rice there, I assure you). The chef had been a sous-chef under Rick Bayless for many years, and was well respected.

Unfortunately, it was "too different" (not cookie-cutter Mexican) for most, so it failed after about 8 months, I believe.

I was told that Red Lobster is going to move into that location.

Ugh. That'll class the place up! At least Bahama Breeze was unique to the market - and they served a darn fine pina colada!

NikonNurse
08-03-2007, 09:17 PM
My day before child date was the OU/Iowa State Game.

xd0nn4x
08-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I was just talking about margaritaville the other day it would be perfect there!