View Full Version : Okc Food Festival??

okclee
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Does Okc have any food festivals??

flintysooner
08-01-2007, 08:46 PM
There's the Greek Festival at St. George's every year - usually in the fall. May not be what you're asking. And assuming you don't count Yukon's Kolache Festival.

Millie
08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
And the chocolate festival in Norman!

okclee
08-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I have tried searching for food festivals in the Okc metro area on the web and I can not find a list of any kind.

metro
08-02-2007, 07:59 AM
okclee, there are many food festivals in the metro. There isn't one ginormous one, but many decent sized ones throughout the year. As flintysooner pointed out there is a Greek festival, there is also a Lebanese festival at one of the Orthodox churches up north. I think it is also St. George's that does it as well. Yukon's festival is not the kolache festival, it is the Czech festival and has been around forever. The chocolate festival in Norman is always huge, if you watch the papers or OKC talk, there is usually at least one Vietnamese festival during the year and other Asian festivals. The hispanics usually throw a festival once a year or so. They just had Viva Expo last weekend. Of course there is the Festival of the Arts which is a right of spring every year and so is it's food court area. They usually have a BBQ festival at Riverfest as well as Bass Pro throws one in the summer. There are a few more but my brain is stumped right now.

flintysooner
08-02-2007, 08:27 AM
St Georges is the Greek Festival - and it is outstanding. Lots of prominent people in Oklahoma City of Lebanese descent that are involved. I think the families who first started St. George or maybe St. Elija might have been Lebanese. so I suppose they call it Greek Festival maybe because of the church being Greek Orthodox.

I forgot the Kolache Festival is in Prague. But they have Kolaches at the Yukon festival.