View Full Version : Lone Star on NW Expressway out of business

metro
07-30-2007, 08:47 AM
I meant to post this a few weeks back but the Lone Star restaurant on NW Expressway just west of Meridian went out of business about 3 weeks ago or so. I thought it was a pretty good location, especially next door to an extended stay hotel.

Easy180
07-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Never tried it and knew no one that recommended it so it's not too surprising to me

Why go there when there are various Texas Roadhouses around :tiphat:

metro
07-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Why support any Texas business?

BailJumper
07-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Why not? Virtually everything you buy supports China!

metro
07-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah, the money I use to purchase the veggies, cheese, and meat I get at the local farmers market or the Braum's milk goes straight to China and Texas! The gas I fill my car with probably profits US oil companies and their workers more than anybody. Granted a lot of products are made in China and elsewhere, but that's partially the U.S. consumers fault. Many things are a matter of choice and educating yourself on purchases.

betts
07-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I ate there twice and the food was terrible. The consumer has spoken. Although I'm not a huge fan, if you're looking for that type of chain food, the Texas Roadhouse has a similar menu and the food is far better.

kmf563
07-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I think maybe it's the location. Wonder what will pop up there next? Probably some other bland chain restaurant. And ewww on Texas Roadhouse. bleck.

Easy180
07-30-2007, 12:32 PM
C'mon chain snobs...Good food is good food

Difficult taking especially from a few who attend a chain church

Just an FYI....Roadhouse is HQ'd in the hated state of Kentucky

OKCGRL99
07-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Lonestar was not good, and way too expensive. Doesn't surprise me at all that it went out. Oh, and Texas Roadhouse is not based in Texas. It originated in Clarksville, Indiana.

Kandyegirl
08-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi all ~

We noticed that Lone Star had shut down on a recent drive on NW Highway. If we wanna have good steaks, it is Cattlemen's for us. Great food with the benefit of supporting a local restaurant!

Moooooo ~
Kandye