View Full Version : Moore Restaurants I Like

Pages : [1] 2

flintysooner
07-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Moore and Trifecta Communications produce these monthly features that spotlight various Moore businesses and so on: Here's the link to a page where you can choose what you want to watch - not sure all of them are on there - but pretty nice:
City of Moore Business Podcast (http://cityofmoore.libsyn.com/)
There is also an Inside Moore list, too, that just shows different things but not necessarily businesses. Click on the little Icon to watch the video.

Two Olives Café (http://www.twoolivescafe.com/)
located in the Old School at 201 North Broadway in old town Moore.
Owners are Andrea and Tricia.
Great at catering, too.
Video from Trifecta: City of Moore Business Podcast (http://cityofmoore.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=96144)

Fusion Cafe
1224 N Broadway, Moore
Mother and her daughters own and run the place.
You can watch a video about the place if so inclined: City of Moore Business Podcast (http://cityofmoore.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=169088)

Golden China
857 N W 12th, Moore
I like the sushi and the grill deal and most of the food for that matter.

Rio Java
106 W Main, Moore
Great little coffee place - new owners now - Trifecta has made a feature since the sale.

I realize now there are several other places I like - but I am out of time. Ricky's, Alfredo's, all the Barbq places, many more.

Easy180
07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Haven't tried any of those places as of yet, but the wifey had a salad from Two Olives that she said was excellent

Maybe if I can finally get up on time one of these years I will swing by and try out Rio Java

Berkley's restaurant has some pretty good pasta...Their pepperoni chicken pasta is just as good as Pepperoni Grill's

flintysooner
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey Easy - I hate to tell you - but Berkley's is gone. I think Rickey's is moving over there temporarily until their new building is built on the east side of the Interstate.

I think with all the new places they just couldn't make it. Hope Rickey's doesn't lose too many customers during the construction. But it's a buyer's market right now for good places to eat in Moore.

Guess you heard that IHOP is buying at Applebees - not sure what that means for us.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
It's posted elsewhere at length, but I can't resist the urge to plug Dan McGuinness Irish Pub's restaurant side. GREAT.

And Paca B's Pizza right next to it as well. Good stuff.

Two Olives sounds good...I'll need to be trying it.

flintysooner
07-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Rio Java is an interesting story.

I met the previous owner and began visiting with her. She had been at OU for a while and had moved to Northwestern for her doctoral work in psych. Her husband told me one day he returned home and found this big box in the living room. His wife told him it was a coffee machine and they were heading back to Moore to open a coffee shop. I loved the place ever since. Plus I liked the coffee.

I haven't been in since the new owners took over. But i hear they are doing pretty well. They've really spruced things up. It's a little quaint alright.

cindyl57
07-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for posting this...I am definitly going to try a few of these places..instead of same old same old...I do love Golden China..but since WLS my eyes are way bigger than my stomach...so it is hard to do buffet...When I can order a meal, eat what I can and take the rest home for lunch the next day or dinner that night...that works best for me..

dogden3
07-27-2007, 09:05 AM
The Wedge Pizzaria on Western is phenom...

Try the Truffle Shuffle...chicken tossed in truffle oil...mmm...

flintysooner
07-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Dan McGuiness is unique, too. Good food and live entertainment - people really seem to appreciate it.

PacaB's is owned by Paul (forgot his last name) and great place - always really friendly and good, fresh food.

Don't forget the the wine tasting at Cheers Wine & Spirits (http://www.moorecheers.com/)
next door to PacaB's too - very cool - and very knowledgeable about wines.
I think it is pretty unique.

flintysooner
07-27-2007, 09:14 AM
That Fusion Cafe place is worth a try if nothing more than to have them make you some of that tea they serve. I didn't like it but glad I tried it.

There's another Chinese buffet place over in Riverwalk that's pretty good too.

Russell Stover hand dips some of their stuff.

Alfredo's is usually pretty good.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Don't forget the the wine tasting at Cheers Wine & Spirits (http://www.moorecheers.com/)
next door to PacaB's too - very cool - and very knowledgeable about wines.
I think it is pretty unique.

Cheers Wine and Spirits may have a good selection of wine, but I'm hardly an oenophile...And their beer selection is not quite as extensive as the place at 4th and Easter (in the old Buchanan's shopping center).

No point to this post...I just wanted to use "oenophile" in a sentence.

flintysooner
07-27-2007, 10:27 AM
No point to this post...I just wanted to use "oenophile" in a sentence.

And I must say it is a really outstanding word.

Does the place at 4th and Eastern have wine tastings? I notice that Cheers has a special room for that. I don't really understand all the legal stuff about it.

rugbybrado
07-27-2007, 11:26 AM
It's posted elsewhere at length, but I can't resist the urge to plug Dan McGuinness Irish Pub's restaurant side. GREAT.

Ditto.

MrZ
07-27-2007, 12:16 PM
The Agave Limeades at Alfredo's are AWESOME! I would go there just to get one of those tasty beverages.

Looking forward to the Furr's Buffet. Will be nice not to have to drive to I-240 for buffet.

Don't shoot me, but if you live in Moore and want REALLY good sushi, try Gaijin Sushi in the Robinson Plaza in Norman. WELL worth the drive. Would be nice to have a good sushi place in Moore. I'm used to west coast sushi places and buffet sushi is usually not to my liking.

soonerfan21
07-27-2007, 03:24 PM
FYI to everyone - I got an e-mail blast this week that RED Prime Steak is opening Tuesday, July 31st. Quite a few people were asking awhile back, so I didn't know if anyone else had posted.

Be the first to try the latest from the Good Egg Group!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-27-2007, 04:28 PM
And I must say it is a really outstanding word.

Does the place at 4th and Eastern have wine tastings? I notice that Cheers has a special room for that. I don't really understand all the legal stuff about it.

I seriously doubt it. But I've never asked. As I said, I'm not really a wine person. I just know that they blow every other store out of the water (even Cheers) when it comes to on-hand beer selection. I know that any liquor store can order just about anything you want (and they're more than willing to do so), but it's nice to have it already there. Cheers is nice though...Nice people running it too.

flintysooner
07-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I just watched the Moore Business Spotlight on the Korean Oriental Market at 1224 N Eastern. Made me really want to go buy something there. They will definitely have to help me figure out what though.

The preceding segment on GFF Foods made me want to go it, too. The barbque looked good.

u50254082
07-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Flinty-

The Korean Market on Eastern has a decent variety of groceries. If you're new to Asian markets, you could try out the assortment of crackers and cookies in the first aisle, or browse around to see if any of the "ready to eat" foods look appealing to you. I think the freezers have a few choices of premade soups, sticky buns, etc.. Fortunately, more and more Korean grocery now comes with directions in English so you shouldn't be lost at all.

dogden3
07-29-2007, 11:32 PM
What constitues a good beer selection? Oklahoma is a tough market for beer.

As for the wine tastings, a store cannot legally have open bottles in the store for ANY reason. Some stores, larger ones, will lease a seperate space to have licensed seperately for such an event. These stores are rare to find. Most tastings in this state are held at private residences, restaurants or a brokers' facility. If someone is doing it in their store, it's illegal.

As for getting something in that you need or can't find at another liquor store...

All Liquor stores in the state MUST buy from the same five wholesalers: Central, Jarboe, Action, Dixie and Sterling. There are no other options. If one store has it, another can get it (as long as a wholesaler has it in stock), and they can get it by the next business day.

Just a little info...

Easy180
07-30-2007, 07:20 AM
What constitues a good beer selection? Oklahoma is a tough market for beer.

As for the wine tastings, a store cannot legally have open bottles in the store for ANY reason. Some stores, larger ones, will lease a seperate space to have licensed seperately for such an event. These stores are rare to find. Most tastings in this state are held at private residences, restaurants or a brokers' facility. If someone is doing it in their store, it's illegal.

As for getting something in that you need or can't find at another liquor store...

All Liquor stores in the state MUST buy from the same five wholesalers: Central, Jarboe, Action, Dixie and Sterling. There are no other options. If one store has it, another can get it (as long as a wholesaler has it in stock), and they can get it by the next business day.

Just a little info...

Cheers does just that....The wine tastings are held next door to their store

I can vouch for the beer selection at the 4th & Eastern store...Has a wide variety of domestic, German, Mexican and various others...It does have a better selection than the larger and newer Cheers

btw...Had some Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse over the weekend....Way up there now on my Hef list.....Good crap there

flintysooner
07-30-2007, 07:26 AM
That's pretty expensive feature then to offer wine tastings.

Do they give away the wine or do you pay something? Is it pretty enjoyable? Just curious. Is it by invitation or do they have hours?

Easy180
07-30-2007, 07:48 AM
flinty..It may just be the space hasn't been rented as of yet or that they share the cost with others in the strip...My wife has gone to one and it was free of charge...I'm sure they just try and get you to buy one or more of the wines they are promoting that night....Not sure if it's a hard sell or not

I believe they advertise when and where in the store...Think they do it at least once a month or so

flintysooner
07-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks easy. I am afraid my taste in wine leans toward the ones with the screw off tops.

Easy180
07-30-2007, 09:01 AM
If you are more of a screw off cap kinda guy then if you haven't already try out a Japanese plum wine...It's more of a sweet dessert wine I guess, but we tore through a bottle saturday night...Have various ones at the 4th & Eastern store

ad47aw
08-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Paca B's pizza is great. I also like Lemongrass Chinese Restaurant.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-19-2007, 12:47 AM
I bought some Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter in that store (Cheers) the other day and they gave me a flyer for the next beer and wine tasting...I believe it was on the 30th or 31st. I'll have to look at it again.

By the way, Vanilla Porter is good for the soul.

josh n moore
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Panda Express was my favorite in South Cali. I sure am glag they are here now!!!

rinni
02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
I love Alfredos! The food is better than Ted's and much less expensive, shorter wait, better parking.

The chicken salad sandwiches at Two Olives are amazing. I love going to the Old School Business Center (think that's what they call it). I went to elementary school there and have many memories.

pearlbluevtx
02-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I like ...
Paca B's ,
Alfredos ,
EARL's (bbq is good but I love their cheddar burgers too! ,
Abuelitas Mexican (12th/Santa Fe - really good, affordable!)
Two Olives
Fusion Cafe
Chili's

I goes those are my favorite and try to get to those each month but haven't been to Alfredos in a while! Need to get back there ... There sure is a lot of good places to eat in Moore ... if you add in Norman (oops - probably shouldn't do this!) but I love that Border Crossing and Freebirds - anyway, that's Norman but...

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 01:13 AM
I like ...
Paca B's ,
Alfredos ,
Two Olives
Fusion Cafe
Chili's

I goes those are my favorite and try to get to those each month but haven't been to Alfredos in a while! Need to get back there ... There sure is a lot of good places to eat in Moore ... if you add in Norman (oops - probably shouldn't do this!) but I love that Border Crossing and Freebirds - anyway, that's Norman but...

I tried Alfredo's for the first time 2 weeks ago with my 2 friends and we weren't impressed and their customer service was terrible too so we ain't going back again. Today, I am going to try Paca B's since I heard that the pizzas is really good

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-28-2008, 01:20 AM
I tried Alfredo's for the first time 2 weeks ago with my 2 friends and we weren't impressed and their customer service was terrible too so we ain't going back again. Today, I am going to try Paca B's since I heard that the pizzas is really good

It's awllllllright.

My g/f LOVES that place. She really likes the chicken nachos (she likes burnt stuff for some weird reason).

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 01:24 AM
It's awllllllright.

My g/f LOVES that place. She really likes the chicken nachos (she likes burnt stuff for some weird reason).

Which one? Alferdo's or Paca's? Haha, I like burnt stuff too

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Paca B's. I don't like Alfredo's much either.

It's a tug-o-war every time we go there...She wants Paca B's, and I'm getting sucked towards the door of Dan McGuinness for some Bangers & Mash or fish-n-chips along with some Smithwick's on tap.

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Paca B's. I don't like Alfredo's much either.

It's a tug-o-war every time we go there...She wants Paca B's, and I'm getting sucked towards the door of Dan McGuinness for some Bangers & Mash or fish-n-chips along with some Smithwick's on tap.

I have never been to a bar before...is it near Starbucks or something like that?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-28-2008, 02:34 AM
Dan McGuinness Irish Pub is right next door to Paca B's.

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Dan McGuinness Irish Pub is right next door to Paca B's.

Yeah I know but I never been to either place so I am not sure where it is though so I asked if it is near Starbucks somewhere?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Pretty close...Go west on 19th from Starbucks a little less than a mile. Paca B's is right there in the strip on the NE corner of 19th and Santa Fe. Snuggled between Cheers liquor and Dan McGuinness.

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Pretty close...Go west on 19th from Starbucks a little less than a mile. Paca B's is right there in the strip on the NE corner of 19th and Santa Fe. Snuggled between Cheers liquor and Dan McGuinness.

Thanks, I will check it out today

flintysooner
02-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Alfredo's has usually been good for us but there have been lapses. I've only been at lunch though.

That Abuelitas place has been surprisingly good every time I've been there (also for lunch). Sometimes it has been really busy at lunch though.

Chili's has this new (to me) big burger with this really thick bacon that I had the other day. I keep wanting to go for another one.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-28-2008, 05:18 AM
Chili's has this new (to me) big burger with this really thick bacon that I had the other day. I keep wanting to go for another one.

Oh HELL yeah...Thos burgers are AWESOME. Jalapenos, melted cheese, and that jalapeno smoked bacon that's almost 1/4 thick...DANG tasty stuff. They're well above my normal expectations for Chili's, that's for sure.

SeinfeldBlock
02-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Seriously, for a chain place, I love Chili's. I can always find something I like. Those burgers are awesome. So is the Boneless Buffalo Chicken Salad. I love that place.

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm eating Paca's B pizza now and it's good!

pearlbluevtx
02-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Paca B's - we eat there 1 or 2 times per week ... Tell Paul Hi for us since you're doing a live review!!!

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Paca B's - we eat there 1 or 2 times per week ... Tell Paul Hi for us since you're doing a live review!!!

Is Paul the guy with the pony tail? If so, he is a very nice guy!

pearlbluevtx
02-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes/Probably and probably wearing a hat .. he's the owner. Good guy.

DVDFreaker
02-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes/Probably and probably wearing a hat .. he's the owner. Good guy.

Yeah, that is him

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Yup...I talked to that guy a couple of times too. Real cool dude.

And I want one of those tshirts. :D

pearlbluevtx
03-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Going to add to my list ...

Had VAN's Pig Stand (Moore location - 4th St) today ... I have been there before but forget about it usually and it was always just 'okay'. I had been told that I might like the burgers.

Sure enough... cheeseburger, fries & beans - really really good tasting today!!

I like ...
Paca B's ,
Alfredos ,
Two Olives
Fusion Cafe
Chili's

ad47aw
03-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Paca B's has good pizza, but they really need to improve the variety on the salad bar.

DVDFreaker
03-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Paca B's has good pizza, but they really need to improve the variety on the salad bar.

Mmmmm....Dr.Pepper....

ad47aw
03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Hot Dog Place on 4th and Telephone Road is good. Co-owner(female) is a kind of MMA fighter or boxer.

Yuinen
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Are there any good Indian restaurants in (or near) Moore yet?

flintysooner
04-03-2008, 05:12 AM
My favorite is Misals in Norman. I liked it better when it was in Campus Corner but the food is still great. It is on Ed Noble Parkway. None in Moore that I know about.

ad47aw
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Try Himalayas on Berry Street in Norman. It's excellent.

SouthsideGirl
05-11-2008, 10:34 AM
I've lived in Moore and far South OKC my whole life. I'm glad we finally have some choices. Here are some of my favorites. . .

Maria's Mexican off 5th Street-It is in that dinky shopping center by 5th Street Park across from what used to be Exchange Bank. My only complaint is she doesn't serve beer.

Earl's-My absolute favorite barbeque in the OKC Metro

Golden China on 12th Street, between Santa Fe and Janeway. Their buffet is fresh and they always have Mongolian BBQ.

Soda Pop's on 119th and Western has some really good homestyle cooking.

Papa Murphy's also at 119th and Western has been my pizza choice for about a year now. They don't have freezers, so everything is really fresh. They make the pizza and you take it home to bake. It's almost as good as homemade.

andimthomas
01-30-2009, 09:29 PM
I've lived in Moore and far South OKC my whole life. I'm glad we finally have some choices. Here are some of my favorites. . .

Maria's Mexican off 5th Street-It is in that dinky shopping center by 5th Street Park across from what used to be Exchange Bank. My only complaint is she doesn't serve beer.

Earl's-My absolute favorite barbeque in the OKC Metro

Golden China on 12th Street, between Santa Fe and Janeway. Their buffet is fresh and they always have Mongolian BBQ.

Soda Pop's on 119th and Western has some really good homestyle cooking.

Papa Murphy's also at 119th and Western has been my pizza choice for about a year now. They don't have freezers, so everything is really fresh. They make the pizza and you take it home to bake. It's almost as good as homemade.

Is Maria's really that good? My friend's family owns that restaurant and I've been wanting to try it out. Just need to see if it's worth the awkward conversations and whole tipping-your-friend deal.

gen70
01-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Does anyone remember a mexican restaurant that was located on the east side of I-35 and just south maybe a block of 12th? I'am not sure of the name... maybe Moore's little mexico? Man it was goood.

mrbubba81
04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I can't say enough about Alfredo's. Their beef fajita qusadillas and fajita nachos are da bomb! ...Yeah, I just used that term. :cool18: Plus, Wed nights is $1.50 Mexican beer night. I might be shooting myself in the foot by advertising that wealth of knowledge, but it's gooood stuff. Now I might have to actually wait to sit down if everyone rushes there. Oh well. Go give em a try.
:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

mrbubba81
04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh, and McAlister's rocks my socks too. Good time sandwiches and magical iced tea. I'm all for that. :Smiley199

metro
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Earl's best BBQ in the metro? There are many better options than Earl's.

Martin
04-08-2009, 01:42 PM
what's a better bbq joint in moore, metro?