View Full Version : New Bricktown Bar /

okclee
07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Another new restaraunt or bar to locate in bricktown??

I noticed signs in the windows of the vacant space above Bourban Street today. I think that the signs said 3rd Degree or something to that affect??

lika do da chacha
07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Another restaurant, Im exicted for them. Finally, someones going to put in a place and do it the right way.

I was asked to be a part of it, but I cant handle restaurant hours anymore.
Last I heard middle of August, soft opening.

HOT ROD
07-24-2007, 11:00 PM
what kind of cuisine?

metro
07-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Interesting, 3rd Degree is an ad firm here in OKC. There current headquarters are two blocks north in Bricktown, on Main Street. Perhaps they are moving to bigger digs?

lika do da chacha
07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
The name of the restaurant is "Three Degrees".

Its going to be a fusion restaurant of sorts.

ThreeDegrees - OKC :: Coming Soon... (http://www.threedegreesokc.com/)

metro
07-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. Wow what a few letters difference can do. Ad firm vs. restaurant. The logo looks cool and I like the idea of a fusion restaurant back in Bricktown. I hope it lives up to the hype and they are smart enough to advertise, otherwise, they are doomed from the get go.

okclee
07-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I hope it does well.

Although that location seems to have a curse or something. How many restaurants or bars have failed to make it in that exact spot?? I can count five. Good luck to 3 Degrees.

lika do da chacha
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. Wow what a few letters difference can do. Ad firm vs. restaurant. The logo looks cool and I like the idea of a fusion restaurant back in Bricktown. I hope it lives up to the hype and they are smart enough to advertise, otherwise, they are doomed from the get go.

What hype?

metro
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
The hype I'm sure the owners will give it, just like every restaurant in that location before.

lika do da chacha
07-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Youre sure about a lot of things, huh?

Easy180
07-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Youre sure about a lot of things, huh?

Yeah I'm not sure what metro is getting at...Don't have any restaurant experience, but I would think not talking up your place before it opens isn't a real effective marketing ploy

Please stop by and try out some of our slightly above average food...Oh and it's kind of a cool atmosphere...I've seen much better, but what can you do we are trying to be as cheap as possible

metro
07-27-2007, 09:56 AM
well then you obviously agree with me Easy180, owners talking up their business is essential. I still call it hype until they've proven themselves, thus the need for the restaurant to live up to the owners "hype" or being as good as they say it is, in order to survive. Especially in a cursed location in Bricktown of all places.

Lurker34
07-27-2007, 10:22 AM
What the heck is fusion? I think the reason so many restaurants fail in bricktown. SKY HIGH RENT!

metro
07-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Sky High Rent is a HUGE problem in Bricktown, that is one reason they fail. But bad or no promotions and not doing their homework is another huge problems. It is a very seasonal place although that is slowly changing, especially with the huge draw the NBA provided in the normally slow winter.

BDP
07-27-2007, 03:39 PM
What the heck is fusion?

Fusion is a blending of different culinary tastes. When it's not specific, usually it's American/Asian fusion, but you'll also often hear it used just to describe any blended flavors like Latin-European fusion, Thai-American fushion, etc.

So, basically, it can really be anything that blends traditional tastes to create a new one.

excat_56
07-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Okay, that makes more sense. Wow what a few letters difference can do. Ad firm vs. restaurant.

That is exactly what I had thought too!

maestro
08-07-2007, 08:18 AM
It would be great to see something really new, interesting, and ultimately successful in that location. I wish them luck!

Architect2010
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
they have a new bar across the canal on the second level form bourbon.
I think its Roc Bar. its taking the place where the rio club was.

metro
10-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Anyone know if this three degrees place is open yet?

metro
10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I just read in today's issue of the Gazette that Three Degrees is temporarily on hold until the first part of next year. They said they missed their "window of opportunity". They are currently only doing private lunch catering and private banquets.