View Full Version : Bricktown Eateries

dismayed
07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Why is it that everything that goes in down there may be locally owned but feels like a mass marketed chain? It wouldn't be so bad if the food was actually good, but quite honestly most places just have mediocre food and terrible service. I like Nona's, I like Falcone's, and a few others... but honestly if I wanted Mexican, traditional Italian, or steaks there are many other places in the suburbs I would rather go to.

Yes I've had some bad experiences in Bricktown lately. I'm frustrated with the bad restaurant management that seems to plague Bricktown. Not sure how to fix it except to stop going and force those places out of business and hope that something better will go in, since most people have been complaining about this for almost 10 years and nothing seems to change down there.

SWOKC 4 me
07-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I have to agree about bad service at many places in BT. Here is my overall experience with service at Bricktown restaurants:

Chelino's - terrible
Zio's - bad
Othello's - terrible
Burbon St Cafe - Very good
Falcone's - good
Earl's - "hit & miss"
Toby Keith's - good
Sonic - bad (not enough employees, long lines)
Nonna's - great (based on one dining experience only)
Spaghetti Warehouse - good
Abuelos - "hit & miss"
IHop - bad

This is not a conclusive list but is all I can think of at the moment that I can really remember the overall experiences with service . . . And this definately does not take into account the taste of the food good or bad.

Just my opinion and experiences.

CCOKC
07-21-2007, 04:20 PM
You left out Mickey Mantle's and the Mantle which have consistently great food and service to match.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-21-2007, 08:46 PM
You left out Mickey Mantle's and the Mantle which have consistently great food and service to match.

I've had good luck at both of those places as well as Coach's.

But that's about it...Most other places, I'm in the same place as dismayed on them. Disappointed.

fsusurfer
07-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Also left out the Melting Pot

bandnerd
07-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Also left out Pearl's Crabtown. I've always been happy there.

CCOKC
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
I haven't been to the Melting Pot yet but I can't believe I forgot Crabtown. That is my son's absolutely favorite place to eat. Must be something fascinating for a teenager to eat off of butcher paper with his hands.