View Full Version : Jury Finds Raye Dawn Smith Guilty, Recommends 27 Years

OkieKAS
07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
A Creek County jury convicted a Meeker woman on Wednesday of enabling child abuse in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Kelsey Smith-Briggs.

Easy180
07-19-2007, 07:22 AM
I feel it is a just penalty...She had to know it was going on...No one is that stupid

End of a disgusting story

zuluwarrior0760
07-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Just penalty.......riiiighht

That poor little child was beat to death over a long period.

Her, her boyfriend as well as the judge who threw her back to the
wolves should all be in prison for the rest of their natural lives.

As it is, they're gonna be out in 12 with good behavior......

OkieKAS
07-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I heard on the News that she must do like 85% of her time, which is 23 years. Of course, we all know what that means in the long run.

The Kelsey Smith - Briggs Law will help to assure that other children do not come to the same fate as this precious baby.

Kelsey is at Peace in the arms of the Lord, but she should still be here, laughing and playing, in her Oklahoma.

May God watch over the Children. And may Oklahoma take the lessons of the legacy of Little Miss Kelsey to heart and the people who do harm to children, to task.

Easy180
07-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Just penalty.......riiiighht

That poor little child was beat to death over a long period.

Her, her boyfriend as well as the judge who threw her back to the
wolves should all be in prison for the rest of their natural lives.

As it is, they're gonna be out in 12 with good behavior......

Well considering she was only up for enabling and wasn't charged with actually doing the beating I am fine with the sentence

Many people who actually murder someone get lesser penalties than that

Karried
07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
It was sworn testimony that the mom spanked Kelsey with a hairbrush on her bottom (over a diaper, so she says).. and the boyfriend said on three occasions that she abused Kelsey in front of him.

I'm convinced that there were probably many more heinous abuses of that little baby, abuse that we didn't hear of.

I'm satisfied with the sentencing.