View Full Version : Anyone else glad that this is almost over?

Easy180
07-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Way beyond annoying

The 30 year old teenager dies a gruesome death....Let's move on :Smiley077

Rowling: 'Help preserve the secrecy' of Potter

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" out 12:01 a.m. Saturday

NEW YORK (AP) -- Leaks. Lawsuits. Profiteering. What a way to treat such a fine young man like Harry Potter.

Despite pleas for silence from author J.K. Rowling and some leading Potter fan sites, publishing's secret of all secrets -- whether the wizard lives or dies -- is in danger of becoming plain gossip as publication approaches for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."

"As launch night looms, let's all, please, ignore the misinformation popping up on the web and in the press on the plot of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,"' Rowling wrote in a message posted Wednesday on her Web site, J.K.Rowling Official Site - Harry Potter and more (http://www.jkrowling.com/).

"I'd like to ask everyone who calls themselves a Potter fan to help preserve the secrecy of the plot for all those who are looking forward to reading the book at the same time on publication day. In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!" Gallery: Fans show off their Harry resemblances »

Alleged images of Rowling's seventh and final Potter book have already been circulating online days before the official July 21 release. More than 100 actual books may already have been received by customers. As of Wednesday morning, the $34.99 release was being offered on eBay, for immediate purchase, for $250.

"That's right -- I've got one copy of Harry Potter 7, on July 17, and it can be yours as soon as July 19. Hurry! Confirmed payment by 6:30PM on July 18 will ensure delivery on July 19 by FedEx Priority Overnight!" read a message from a seller identified as "willpc" and based in Atlanta.

"I don't work for a bookstore, and I don't have a magic wand -- an online store shipped a copy early."

Two pictures of the book, which sits upon a copy of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, are offered as proof. The seller, who declined immediate comment when e-mailed by The Associated Press, has been an eBay member since 1999 and has a perfect "Feedback" score, according to the "Feedback Profile" for willpc.

Hundreds of copies of "Deathly Hallows" are being offered on eBay, but almost all have been promised only after the book is published.

Meanwhile, Scholastic, Inc. announced Wednesday that it was taking "immediate legal action" against online retailer DeepDiscount.com and distributor Levy Home Entertainment after learning that "some individuals have received copies of `Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' through the mail."

dismayed
07-21-2007, 11:57 AM
All I read was the bolded text that you wrote. I really hope you didn't just ruin the last book for me and are just guessing. I mean no "spoiler alert" or anything? What the hell.

Martin
07-21-2007, 02:38 PM
nope. no spoilers there. started reading the thing wednesday night and already had it read by friday morning. i feel like a dork. it was a good story, though!

-M