View Full Version : Does anyone live in Park Harvey or Deep Deuce?

adaniel
07-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I have a friend of mine who's going to be finishing up his pre-pharm degree at OU in the next year and will be going to the pharmacy school at OUHSC. He doesn't want to make the hellish rush-hour excursion from Norman to OKC everyday and he's thinking about moving closer. Since this guy is from TX and doesn't know much about downtown I suggested either Park Harvey or Deep Deuce only b/c I've heard of them. So with all of the cool hip urban cats running around here I was hoping if anyone actually lives in one of these apartments and if so what do you think about them?

kmf563
07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
My ex-boyfriend lived in Deep Deuce and we loved it! It was close enough to not fight the parking in bricktown, right by the interstate, and pretty quiet around there. The apartment itself was nice and the staff were great. The only thing that sucked was trying to find groceries. Not any quality food markets around that area.

rugbybrado
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
one of my best friends just moved out of deep duece. after 6 months there he started looking for another apartment. following reasons -

pro's

-centrally located near lots of highway connections(rare for okc)
-free parking protected for him, for his friends we just parked on the streets and never had a problem
-bricktown food and nightlife
-easy walk downtown, good meeting place at his apartment
-at first he had the feeling of being 'connected' to the city and most younger people in okc dont have that feeling(i know i sure dont)

con's
-over priced
-didnt like the staff
-long wait to get in
-bricktown gets old quick if you go there every weekend
-never really got to know the neighbors like he thought he would, most other young professionals all do the same thing no matter where they live ...sun-thursday they work during the day and come home and dont go out.
-the closest food store that he went to was in midwest city walmart
-could get alot more for the money, my apartment complex in moore is alot nicer and bigger apartment/nicer area/park next door/nicer pool/nicer gym/tons of food and liqour stores close by/ fast food/ i-240 stores/ development of moore stores/ gym close/ post office close/
and cost 300 less a month to live in a bigger apartment.

I can say first hand that he thought deep duece was going to be alot cooler/better than it ended up being. But if your friend is going to be going to school basically downtown then it would be a hard location to pass up..just tell him to have fun paying back all the loan money he's going to be throwing away each month in rent.

Misty
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Urban Neighbors (Downtown's Neighborhood Association) are having their next social Thursday, August 9th at Brew Ha Ha and we are inviting all the developers/managers of the downtown apartments & condos to come and give out information about their properties. Make sure you friend attends this social before deciding to get more info. This will be the best way to compare, all at once in the same room! Regarding neighbors getting to know each other, that is exactly why we created Urban Neighbors. If anyone is interested in getting involved we are having a board/committee interest meeting tomorrow at 6 PM at OKCMOA in classroom C. Best way to meet other downtowners other than attending our socials? Be on the membership committee!

metro
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
rugby, the Belle Isle Wal-Mart is alot closer than MWC. It's only about 3 miles down the road on Classen. Anyhow you make some good pro's and con's. I think some of them are stereotypical. If you want to get involved, their are plenty of outlets to get involved and know others. Urban Neighbors is one of many. adaniel, also the Legacy at Arts Central recently opened up for downtown renters as well. downtown is the place to be, especially if he's going to work/school at OUHSC. It's nice to be close to everything, I live and work downtown and wouldn't trade it for anything.