View Full Version : MidTown Home

CuatrodeMayo
07-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Okasian House (http://www.fitzsimmons-arch.com/Architects/Okasian%20House.html)

From what the site says, this in somewhere in MidTown. Has anybody seen it?

I sure do find it attractive.

tuck
07-17-2007, 01:40 PM
This place is awesome. Brian Fitzsimmons, a local architect owns it. It is one block west of Shartel on NW7th...at least in that area.

metro
07-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah, he's my neighbor. There is another across the street for sale that is very modern on the inside. The outside structure is about 80 years old. There is also a new modern home going up under construction on the adjacent corner. Tuck the street is actually Francis between 7th and 8th. This area is becoming a little niche spot for modern design.

CuatrodeMayo
07-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Where could I find pics of the house for sale?

metro
07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Oklahoma City OK real estate listings and homes for sale, home buying, home selling information – Prime Realty, Inc. - Homepage (http://www.kathymcmillan.net/) , the address is 712 N. Francis. The pictures on the website do not do either one of these houses justice. You really should schedule an appointment if you're interested. I believe they are asking $299,000.

Pete
07-18-2007, 08:59 AM
I love that house on Francis!

This is the reason I worry about proposals like Overholser Green... You can buy an awesome single-family home in that area for $300K (or less) yet they want to try and sell condos north of $700,000.

CuatrodeMayo
07-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Man...I wish I could afford to be interested. It's a beauty...and a steal for $279K!

Pete
07-18-2007, 09:33 AM
CM, if I was a younger person in OKC with limited resources, I would be looking very hard at some smaller, older properties in the Midtown area.

I think prices are really going to start heading up due to everything that is starting to happen, and you could slowly renovate/update as your budget and time allows.

In fact, I think the next big trend in that area will be snapping up these residential properties, renovating or building small residential in-fill projects and flipping.

bombermwc
07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Wow....completly not my style. that's all I'll say.

escan
07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
That house is great...and a steal at 249! Wish we weren't leaving OKC....I'd be in on that. We are selling our traditional home right outside of Crown Heights and purchasing a loft in downtown Wichita for A LOT more than that.

metro
07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
CM, if I was a younger person in OKC with limited resources, I would be looking very hard at some smaller, older properties in the Midtown area.

I think prices are really going to start heading up due to everything that is starting to happen, and you could slowly renovate/update as your budget and time allows.

In fact, I think the next big trend in that area will be snapping up these residential properties, renovating or building small residential in-fill projects and flipping.

Actually Malibu, this trend has been going on for the past few years and only heightens in by the day. You'll be surprised how much "or not so much" of a house you'll get in Midtown now compared to just a few years ago. There are many houses in Midtown going for 200-400K. My wife and I looked at one in Paseo last week and it was $249K. Plaza District homes are really taking off north price wise, Jefferson Park, Crestwood, Gatewood, Miller, and many other areas as far east as May. In Crestwood, it's hard to touch anything decent for under $150K. Three years ago you could have easily gotten properties there for $75K.

Pete
07-18-2007, 10:50 AM
All the more reason to buy before they go any higher! :)

jbrown84
07-18-2007, 12:08 PM
We are selling our traditional home right outside of Crown Heights and purchasing a loft in downtown Wichita for A LOT more than that.

We have family in Wichita and I'm amazed at how much higher the cost of living is there.

metro
07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
all the more reason to stay in OKC instead of moving to Wichita!

escan
07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Wish we had that option Metro! :)