View Full Version : New TV Series Set in OKC

OKCMann
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if this will be any good?

New TV series is set in Oklahoma City
Associated Press - July 16, 2007 3:15 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An Oscar-winning actress will play a police detective in a new television series set in Oklahoma City.

Holly Hunter will portray detective Grace Hanadrako in TNT's "Saving Grace."

The character is described as a promiscuous, chain-smoking, pill-popping, booze-swilling, world-weary detective.

The series is created by Nancy Miller who grew up in Oklahoma City.

The series is shot in Los Angeles and production is to wrap up this month on the first 13 episodes with the debut set for July 23rd at 9 pm (CDT) on TNT.

Hunter had leading roles in "Raising Arizona" and "Broadcast News" and won an Oscar for her role as the mute bride in "The Piano."

Intrepid
07-16-2007, 09:54 PM
There is a thread about this show located here:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/7595-okc-starring-tnts-grace.html

cindyl57
07-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Well thanks alot for sending me over to that thread...Where I could read what a hick I am...
And basically if you show anything but Bricktown and the OKC Memorial...everything else is too redneck to be shown...Please don't show our history or our Oil patches...hmmmm...
Small towns are an albatrose to this State...
We have done alot of growing, but this was done with the Blood and Sweat of those same old Rednecks that probably would be an embarrassment to the City if anybody knew...

It is so much better to portray our City like New York City as in Law and Order...Cause it is so much more elegant...Or Miami ...like in CSI Miami...With all the Drug Lords and trafficking...
I hope they Make us look That GOOD...

Sorry ...just hit a nerve...with this Moore HICK...

I am looking forward in watching this new show now...I have seen it advertised, but didn't know it was set in OKC...

Cindy