View Full Version : Paseo Thieves!!!!!!!

Misty
07-16-2007, 01:19 PM
My boyfriend’s bicycle was stolen from my back courtyard this weekend in broad daylight. I kept calling him Pee Wee and asking him if he wanted to go look for it at the Alamo and he didn’t seem to appreciate that too much. On two separate nights someone has unbuckled and gone through the saddlebags on his motorcycle. According to a neighbor the cops stopped some guy that was in our back courtyard again at 4:30 this morning (I thought I heard something funny). My boyfriend also suspects that someone has been messing with the locks on both the front and back door. So…..if you live in the Paseo area you might want to keep a watchful eye out! My man swears if he catches anyone back there again he will kill them so watch for tomorrow’s murder headlines LOL. I have noticed more creepy looking people in the area lately, anyone else live in Paseo and noticed this? I really, really hate thieves. They are the lowest form of human other than child molester. :(

Midtowner
07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
That's a real shame. The Paseo is a neat place, but it's located next to a really bad area. Was your man using a bike chain?

NE Oasis
07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
I have noticed more creepy looking people in the area lately, anyone else live in Paseo and noticed this? I really, really hate thieves. They are the lowest form of human other than child molester. :(

I don't like thieves either, but creepy is a very subjective term. Might I suggest lockable saddlebags for the BF's motorcycle, and a motion operated security light for the courtyard? If you want to go all out your can actually rent a surviellance system.

Misty
07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
The courtyard is actually very well lit, if you can believe that. He doesn't keep anything in the saddlebags but considering the bike is right outside my bedroom window I don't like the fact that there is someone creeping around out there. AND regarding the bike lock....I told him several times to take my lock and lock it up and he didn't. So, basically it's his own fault it got stolen, what suprised me is that this stuff is going on in the back, where it is very well lit.

OkieKAS
07-16-2007, 02:57 PM
My son actually found a motorcycle (approx 8k value) that was hidden behind our shop. The motor was still warm and they had pulled stalks of johnson grass to cover it with. (Chickasha) The CPD ran it and it was out of OKC but was not reported as stolen or involved in any incident. They told us to leave it there or to have it towed, it was up to us. They couldn't do anything with it.

It is still there.

Doug Loudenback
07-16-2007, 03:20 PM
My boyfriend’s bicycle was stolen from my back courtyard this weekend in broad daylight. I kept calling him Pee Wee and asking him if he wanted to go look for it at the Alamo and he didn’t seem to appreciate that too much. On two separate nights someone has unbuckled and gone through the saddlebags on his motorcycle. According to a neighbor the cops stopped some guy that was in our back courtyard again at 4:30 this morning (I thought I heard something funny). My boyfriend also suspects that someone has been messing with the locks on both the front and back door. So…..if you live in the Paseo area you might want to keep a watchful eye out! My man swears if he catches anyone back there again he will kill them so watch for tomorrow’s murder headlines LOL. I have noticed more creepy looking people in the area lately, anyone else live in Paseo and noticed this? I really, really hate thieves. They are the lowest form of human other than child molester. :(
Thieves are everywhere! Sounds to me like you and your boyfriend need to get Captain Carl involved! :dizzy: But ... please give my condolences to your cool boyfriend ... I'm sorry that I was not able to make the last Urban Neighbors get-together (thought that I could, but couldn't). And, BTW, in case a clearly identified "bicycle thief" turns up dead, might be good for you to watch what you say on the internet, even in jest. You might wind up with Columbo at your door! And no one would want that, right?

Misty
07-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks Doug, Jamie has been asking me about you. He was really hoping to see you at the last Urban Neighbors function and was disappointed you weren't there.

metro
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
That's okay Doug, he talked my head off instead....

tuck
07-16-2007, 04:17 PM

I am always on the lookout in that area since I have businesses on either side of Paseo. I have been dealing with these bastards for way too long. Always call the police and file a report, no matter how small a deal you might think it is. I just think the theives in these areas are a bit more risky and a lot more stupid...which effects us. They just don't care about getting caught; a stolen bike can bring drugs for a day or so.

Misty
07-17-2007, 12:13 PM
He's supposed to file the police report today. When he got off work and went to my place this morning someone (who we've never seen and was acting strange) was parked in our driveway and trying to get into the neighbor's place, claiming she was looking for someone. He ran her off. This is crazy! I haven't had any problems in Paseo until this week. We've contacted the Paseo neighborhood association security patrol and will be attending Paseo's first ever National Night Out August 7th. The best crime deterrent is a strong neighborhood. Does anyone else participate in their neighborhood's National Night Out?