View Full Version : Matt Damon premiering new movie in OKC!!

metro
07-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Damon, movie coming to city

Oklahomans can rub elbows with Hollywood star Matt Damon — and benefit a charitable cause — with the July 31 premiere of "The Bourne Ultimatum” in Oklahoma City.

Tickets are on sale for the premiere, at which Damon and executive producer Frank Marshall will introduce the latest adventure in the popular spy thriller "Bourne” series at 7:30 p.m. July 31 at the Harkins Bricktown Theaters in Oklahoma City. The screening is to be shown simultaneously on three screens.

Tickets are $150 each, and proceeds will benefit The Children's Center in Bethany, a nonprofit hospital serving children with medical and physical disabilities.

Marshall became involved with The Children's Center via the annual Mark Harmon "Pitch in for Kids” celebrity baseball game.

"‘The Bourne Supremacy' was the first premiere that he did here, and since then he's done ‘Eight Below' and now he's doing ‘The Bourne Ultimatum,'” said Tiffany Webb, communications and marketing coordinator for The Children's Center.

"He just really loves The Children's Center and wanted to get involved,” Webb said. "So, he's bringing Matt Damon, who will actually be in Oklahoma City at the premiere, welcoming guests.”

In 2004, when Damon and Marshall brought a benefit premiere of "The Bourne Supremacy” to Oklahoma City, an estimated $100,000 was raised for The Children's Center.

Staff Writer Matthew Price

IF YOU GO
•What: "The Bourne Ultimatum” premiere.
•When: 7: 30 p.m. July 31.

•Where: Harkins Bricktown Theaters in Oklahoma City.

•Tickets: $150 each, with proceeds going to The Children's Center. Call 440-6733.

Karried
07-14-2007, 08:19 AM
That's pretty cool of Matt Damon to do.. so many stars have so much money and do nothing to help others .. this is a nice way to get people involved.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Is this the same organization that Mark Harmon was here for a few weeks ago?

JWil
07-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Reading about stuff like this is cool for OKC. Yeah, it's not the biggest thing, but it's good for us. Damon has always seemed like one of the good celebs and him coming here voices that pretty well. I stole his haircut, so at least he's got that goin for him. ;)

HOT ROD
07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep, and it IS a movie premier - which IS a big thing!!

Usually only the big 3 cities (New York, Chicago, LA) are the ones to get movie premiers, especially a blockbuster film like Bourne Ultimatum.

Great news for OKC, not only the charity but also the bragging rights. Hopefully Damen will enjoy his time in the city!!!!!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
07-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Hopefully Damen will enjoy his time in the city!!!!!

Mark Harmon sure did...My g/f has pics with him at a party at the Skirvin.:numchucks

kmf563
07-14-2007, 01:09 PM
very cool! I guess I slept through the last premiere - didn't even realize they did that. Thank God for okctalk. I learn everything here.

NikonNurse
07-14-2007, 02:00 PM
meeeeyoowwwww.

Luke
07-15-2007, 04:21 PM
How many other cities are getting premiers along with OKC?

jbrown84
07-16-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure. But this is a true premiere. It doesn't get released nationally until August 3rd.

Ginkasa
08-01-2007, 02:50 AM
Was anyone able to get tickets?

metro
08-01-2007, 08:51 AM
I wasn't able to, if someone went, please post some pics.

bretthexum
08-01-2007, 04:15 PM
I heard he didnt show up for the skkybar afterparty. Lots of unhappy people.

soonerfaithful
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I wasn't able to, if someone went, please post some pics.

My daughter and I were there. Our pictures turned out too dark to see very well.

Our understanding was as soon as he left the theater he left for NYC.

I have to say up close he looks even younger and cuter then on screen. He really does have a gorgeous and sincere smile.

My daughter is 16 and adores MD. I made sure she was sitting in a aisle seat so when he walked by she was able to get a handshake.
I sure hope she decides it's okay to wash that hand again. Otherwise it's going to be pretty dirty by the time school starts.

Oh yes the movie well all I can say is WOW

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-01-2007, 10:24 PM
My daughter and I were there. Our pictures turned out too dark to see very well.

Our understanding was as soon as he left the theater he left for NYC.

I have to say up close he looks even younger and cuter then on screen. He really does have a gorgeous and sincere smile.

My daughter is 16 and adores MD. I made sure she was sitting in a aisle seat so when he walked by she was able to get a handshake.
I sure hope she decides it's okay to wash that hand again. Otherwise it's going to be pretty dirty by the time school starts.

Oh yes the movie well all I can say is WOW

Cool.

Was the movie as seizure-inducing as the last one? Loved the movie, just hated the editing.

soonerfaithful
08-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Cool.

Was the movie as seizure-inducing as the last one? Loved the movie, just hated the editing.

Actually I have not seen the first two movies but my daughter had. She and her step dad usually do the Bourne thing together. This time he couldn't make it so I went.
She and I had watched MD on Leno last week. He had made the comment then that if you need to go to the restroom do it before the movie. You won't want to leave during the movie. Oh he was so right.
I'm also planting myself on the couch tomorrow to watch the first two movies and going to the theater Friday night to see it again.

Doug Loudenback
08-02-2007, 01:08 AM
If it's already been said, I missed it ... how well was the premier attended?

Luke
08-02-2007, 07:38 AM
According to the Journal Record over a thousand folks went.