View Full Version : Woody Guthrie Folk Festival

Misty
07-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Does anyone have more info on this? I've been to the website. I've never heard of this until seeing KMF's post about it. Has anyone been? I'm thinking about heading there tomorrow on the motorcycle for the day. I'm assuming a blanket and bug spray is all I'll need? I've mapquested Okemah and it doesn't look too far. I was quickly corrected after pronouncing it OKIE-mah and told it's O-KEE-mah.

metro
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah Misty, it's a pretty cool deal. Okemah is about an hour drive east of the city. Grape Ranch is one of the hippest if not the hippest winery in the state. You'll enjoy it.

kmf563
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
misty, did you go to this? what did you think if you did? I've heard mixed reviews so far about this year. Just curious what a new face to the festival has to say.

Misty
07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
I really wanted to go, we looked at the Message Board and saw that the ground was still really wet and it looked like they were moving the show indoors Friday night. We figured Saturday would [I]probably[I] be ok but didn't want to run the risk. So, we decided to skip it but plan to attend the full festival next year and camp out, we just didn't have enough time to really get it together and go this year.