View Full Version : John Bellardo Advanced Laser Center Commercials

NikonNurse
07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Does anyone else find these ads cheesy? Especially the dramatic walk down the hall to music versions??

Easy180
07-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Is that the one where he is walking down the hall to music that maybe the Blazers would come out on the ice to??

If so...Yeah that is freakin annoying

Midtowner
07-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Bellardo = nouveau riche.

Tim
07-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I had the opportunity to observe Dr Bellardo in a retail environment and he struck me as having a terminal case of "short-guy syndrome". Annoying little fella...
Hey, maybe he and Gary England share a publicist/ad person!

Intrepid
07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
My ex had her laser surgery performed by him. Very nice guy, as well as his entire staff. They were very thorough in her examination and treatment.

NikonNurse
07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm sure he's a good surgeon, just a bad ad company "picker-outer"!

FritterGirl
07-11-2007, 10:52 AM
I still haven't recovered from his original TV spots - the one where a "Monster Mash" like voice, complete with British-affected accent would say, rather dramatically: Doctah Jooohhn Bellaaaahdo...

I, too, have seen him out and about. Hardly recognized him. If I'm not mistaken he and his wife are significant investors in the Classen Tower/Gold Dome deal.

ad47aw
08-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I had the opportunity to observe Dr Bellardo in a retail environment and he struck me as having a terminal case of "short-guy syndrome". Annoying little fella...
Hey, maybe he and Gary England share a publicist/ad person!

I had a similar opportunity. Yes, he suffers from "short-guy syndrome."

:tiphat:

Easy180
08-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Co-worker called and asked his eye doc his opinion of Bellardo

Said he had very different opinions of his marketing and his work

Don't think many health care professionals approve of his cool marketing strategies...Comes off as unprofessional

Drake
08-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Co-worker called and asked his eye doc his opinion of Bellardo

Said he had very different opinions of his marketing and his work

Don't think many health care professionals approve of his cool marketing strategies...Comes off as unprofessional

I would think if I wanted an opinion on his marketing, I wouldn't be asking a doctor.

Sidenote, my wife had a very good experience with her surgery. I have never met the man, but wife was quite happy.

kevinpate
09-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Never met the man. As for his ads, well, annoying ads are their own breed.

To this day, even though the company is long since gone, I still recall Linda Soundtrack. Now except for jude and Jody and Sons (also gone?) ads just don't get much more annoying than the old Sounstrack ads, but still they linger in the memory.

Can't stand them, can't forget them. perhaps that means dollars well spent.

After all, how many other laser type docs have you asked others about, or even heard of well enough to recall a Dr. name or center name?

For myself, only one comes somewhat to mind. There's a doc Dan goes on about on KXY, and while I know it's Dan pitching, the doc's name escapes me as does his center, even though it's allegedly the greatest thing in slicers since the bread loaf first got whacked. Oh well, so long as Dan is on the air, if i get itnerested, i at least know who to call.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
09-05-2007, 12:57 AM
If I needed that surgery, I would stay away from that place just because of the commercials. Same thing with say...Masterbuilt Motors, Soundtrack, and Oklahoma Discount Furniture.

Assaulting my senses while I'm watching Oprah isn't a good way to get my business (and judging by the performance of the companies I listed, I'd guess that I'm not alone in this).

Midtowner
09-05-2007, 08:27 AM
If I needed anyone to work on my eyeballs, I'd go to the world-class Dean McGee Eye Center rather than some laser surgeon in a glorified strip mall. Sorry.

If they offer financing?? Uh.. no.. these are my eyes, not used cars.

I think the industry and image of laser-eye-surgery has cheapened the entire medical profession just a little bit.