View Full Version : Not exactly the strongest "It was an accident" explanation

Easy180
07-10-2007, 07:54 AM
I think sketchy sums up this explanation pretty well

ADA — A woman who claims she was playfully waving a knife fatally stabbed her 17-year-old son in the chest, Ada police said.
The teen, whose identity wasn't immediately released, was stabbed shortly before noon on Sunday and driven to Valley View Regional Hospital in Ada, where he later died, police Maj. Carl Allen said.

The teen's mother, 44-year-old Connie Haines, told police the stabbing was accidental.

"(She said) she was playing with her husband James Haines ... and that she had a knife in her hand and was waving it in the air toward James. (She said) that her son walked up behind her and she accidentally stabbed him in the chest,” Ada police officer Casey Northcutt wrote in his report.

James Haines, the teen's stepfather, is a reserve Pontotoc County Sheriff's deputy and drove the boy to the hospital after the stabbing.

"At this time, details are sketchy and the case is under investigation by members of the Ada Police Department's detective division,” Allen said. "No arrests have been made, but as the investigation proceeds, the district attorney's office will determine if charges will be filed.”

Allen didn't elaborate on why the woman said she was waving a knife.

"The circumstances of that is what we're investigating,” Allen said. "It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.”

Luke
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Idiot or Liar. Take your pick.

Karried
07-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Actually, it may be an honest 'mistake' .... I've done stupid things with sharp implements before.. fortunately, no one has walked into one of my pretend samari warrior practice sessions.

I think it's a tragedy if it really happened that way.

When I was little, my sister was sitting on the floor and drawing. She was erasing something with her head down.. I walked by and accidently bumped her and the lead pencil went into her eye! ouch.