View Full Version : Santa Claus???

Patrick
11-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Hey just a curious question to all of the parents out there. How many of you play or did play Santa Claus with your children. If you didn't play Santa Claus, why not?

Keith
11-21-2004, 08:29 PM
I never actually played Santa, however, when my children were small, they did believe in Santa Claus. Of course, after they got older, they realized there was no such person. I don't know how old they actually were when they no longer believed in Santa Claus.

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
11-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi all,

I played Santa so to speak and did the cookie bit and all.I grew up that way and I loved the magic and fantasy of it all.I was told by other kids at school early on but refused to believe the BRUTAL truth.I was mortified.But yes I think that kids should be able to have the experience of it all I even wrote my wish lists to to the North Pole every year.LOLMy boys are old enough to know now,But they also knew the real meaning all along both of them from when they were very young that Christmas was the day that Jesus was born and celebrated,I felt that was much more important that the fat guy that only works one day a year.LOL

DarlingDiva

mranderson
11-22-2004, 06:19 AM
The fact there was St. Nicholas, the patron Saint of giving, has restored my belief in "Santa Claus."

Granted, the corpulant old guy with the white beard who climbs down chimneys, is a fantasy, but there was a "santa claus."

What the kids believe is really the mark for the biggest bribery scandal in world histroy. Just look at it. The kids do not mind us. What do we tell them? "Be good or Santa will not come." Then, through the entire month of December, the do anything we say. THAT is a bribe.

I wonder what would happen if the fantasy was just now being created. Just think. Some nut goes around telling about this guy flying a sleigh with Reindeer and Elves making toys so he can shimmy down a chimney. The guy would be sent to the giggle box. :eek:

When my nieces were little, yes. I did the bit... And they bought it.

1adam12
11-22-2004, 06:50 AM
My kids are still very young so they still believe in Santa Claus. I have played Santa for three years, and so far it has worked. I'm not heavy, so pillows had to do the trick.

Patrick
11-22-2004, 10:21 PM
lol! 1adam12, that's hilarious. So you're a skinny law enforcement officer? lol! Glad to hear that!

Well, obviously I don't have kids yet, but I hope to play Santa Claus some day. As Keith said, I of course won't "play him" but I will allow my kids to believe in Santa Claus for awhile. Hey it wouldn't be Christmas without Santa Claus. One benefit I do see in Santa...sure it's a lie, but hey, it does teach your children to believe in something.

Anyways, I grew up with the Santa tradition a lot like DarlingDiva did. Of course I set out the cookies, my parents ate part of them leaving crumbs and half eaten cookies, and the presents under the tree were from Santa. I started to figure it out though when I got older and found the presents in the closet. I asked my parents what they were doing in there....they supposedly said Santa was gonig to have a busy night on Christmas Eve so he dropped them off early! lol! Anyways, as all kids do, I finally found out the truth.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
11-23-2004, 12:20 AM
I met Santa and his wife once...looks nothing like the old man everyone makes him out to be...actually they both looked like in their mid 30's...Mrs. Claus, one word...hottie...Met the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy too...Saw them when they had their "We're Not Real" convention when they held it in Detroit years ago....

Ms.Relaxationstation
11-23-2004, 08:48 AM
WHAT??? There is no Santa Claus????? :Smiley103 I am shocked, disappointed, and truely heartbroken!!!! My mother used to always tell me, when you stop believing is when Santa stops coming. I'm 33 years old and I say there is an Ole St Nick that tickets my chimney every year still. Funny thing is, he only comes when I visit my mothers house. hmmmmm...LOL

I have known people who say that believing in Santa Claus is being a pagan; however, as long as my children know the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas (the birth of Christ) I will continue to keep the chimney clean for him every year.

Midtowner
11-23-2004, 10:45 AM
My parents had a neighbor dress up as Santa for years.

mranderson
11-23-2004, 10:49 AM
We had two Santa's by phone. One was my dad's business partner and the other was one of our former Governors when he was Lt. Governor. He was a close family friend.

Patrick
11-23-2004, 06:13 PM
however, as long as my children know the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas (the birth of Christ) I will continue to keep the chimney clean for him every year.

Good point relaxationstation.

SoundMind
11-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Santa better not come down my chimney this holiday season. If he chooses that route, he might find his britches on fire.

I see no problem "playing" Santa with your children if that's what you choose. It's a Christmas tradition. Sure, it's a scam and a lie, but it's Christmas. What would Christmas be without Santa, and what would Easter be without the Easter Bunny?