View Full Version : construction at Classen and NW 10th

metro
07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know what's going on at NW Classen and NW 10th on the SW corner of the road. It was previously a vacant lot with trees and a for lease/sale sign for years. My wife noticed yesterday that they were doing dirtwork and had cleared the trees. Also just a block or so south, around NW 8th and Classen, I have been noticing some renovations going on in a former vacant building there as well.

urbnchic
07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I heard it was to be an office depot or something like that... hopefully i got the location right.

striker
07-08-2007, 05:31 PM
The office depot will be further north on classen on the east side of the street - like 12 or 13th.

metro
07-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah, as striker said, this is NOT the Office Depot. Office Depot is at 12th and Classen on the NE corner. The corner I am referring to as said above is the SW Corner of Classen and NW 10th.

metro
07-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Well I finally did some investigative journalism on this since no one has broke the story yet. It is going to be a shopping center targeting office tenants (hopefully medical) as well as small retail. I sure hope the urban design committee is going to be as strict with this development as they are with Office Depot.

metro
07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
work has been moving along fairly respectably at this site. They cleared/leveled the property last week and most of the dirt was finished hauling out today. Hopefully we'll see some foundation work soon. I'm wondering 2 things.

1.) if Office Depot finally got their resolution 2 weeks ago, what is holding them up on starting

2.) did this nearby site even go through the urban design commission like Office Depot or are they just doing work anyways. I suppose the dirtwork, etc. may be okay without getting a permit, but surely/hopefully the design committee will have a say so in the design/facade of the building.