View Full Version : VIVA! 2007 Expo

metro
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Saturday, July 28th, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Transportation building at The State Fairgrounds

This official Centennial event is the largest Hispanic event in Oklahoma. Last year’s attendance exceeded 12,000 and over 160 companies participated with booths and/or sponsorships. There is something for everyone: fun entertainment, kid-friendly activities, networking opportunities, company exposure, and much more!

HOT ROD
07-03-2007, 03:22 PM
why wasn't this on the front page of the paper????

What a Disappointment.

jbrown84
07-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Why would it be??? It's a month away.

metro
07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
This event is tomorrow, just FYI.

HOT ROD
07-27-2007, 10:05 PM
what do you mean, "why would it be, Its a month away"?

Its news isn't it?

They start talking about the Festival of the Arts earlier than a month before that event. Ditto for the downtown celebrations and New Years. Why is it not the same for something "ethnic" or alternative???

I mean, they JUST yesterday published about it - dont they want to give people notice to plan their calendars??? I usually need at least a 2 week notice, especially since its a so-called Centinneal event.

and I'd expect a big city paper to publish an event when its announced and then again before the event and once again just prior. Especially for 'lesser known' events such as this or the Asian District festival. ....

I can tell you, similar events here in Seattle get announced and published in one of Seattle's media outlets immediately, then once again prior (like say a week before) then just prior then a recap on the day of. That way, people are reached!!!! I mean, isnt that the point of media - to inform??? And more people should know about things or people's events than JUST those events run by the good ole boys.

We need to grow up OKC, and expect/demand much more from the 'local good ole media' here.