View Full Version : Need Help (Again)

Karried
06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
I just love my techie friends..

Okay, this is serious. I have an Accounting Software Program that I'm taking live in the next few weeks..... very big program.

I bought from Dell an External Hard drive based on the recommendation of Ibda12u... he helps us with our networking.. anyhoo... I installed it and my Windows Backup Wizard did find it and I created a New Folder and told it to Back up this Software Program..

500 GB 7200 RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - My Book Essential Edition (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&sku=A0649833)

It appears it did and it said something about creating a Ghost of the C drive..

I'm scared! I don't know if it backed up what I needed it to or not!

What I'm really scared of is if my Primary computer has a hard-drive crash and all the data is lost.

In the future I'd like to go to an Online service that auto backs up.. but for now we thought we'd store it in an External Drive...

Who can advise me here? I want to do daily backups of only NEW data that I entered just on this program .. how do I know if the data is there (and I'm not even sure how to extract it out if the hard drive should crash. )

I'm clueless. Hep me, hep me please :dizzy:

Dark Jedi
07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Just to be certain, run Windows Backup and save the backup file there too. It never hurts to be redundant redundant.