View Full Version : Vote For OKC

SuperScooper
06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
We are on the list for a new Sprinkles Cupcakes store.

::: Sprinkles Cupcakes ::: (http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com)

Click on this link and cast your vote for OKC!

:: Sprinkles Cupcakes :: (http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/location_voting.php)

kmf563
06-28-2007, 01:53 PM
done! ooohh, cupcakes. :Smiley046

jbrown84
06-28-2007, 01:56 PM
It's very nice to see us on that list of 28 cities.

Lauri101
06-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Since I have five email addresses, I voted like the good Democrat I am - early and often! :voted:

ksearls
06-28-2007, 03:52 PM
One of the owners is from OKC! We could actually get one. Send the link to your friends! Cupcakes = :Smiley105

Karried
06-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I voted too....although probably the last thing I need is to have a cupcake store that close to me!

Doug Loudenback
06-28-2007, 04:36 PM
I voted, but it will be hard to pass by a Hostess Chocolate (or whatever) cupcake ... even a Twinkie ... but I'll give it a try, if they come!

tuck
06-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I would love a Sprinkles to show up in OKC; but I seriously doubt it will happen anytime soon. They are all in very high traffic areas (walking traffic as well) with an average household income way above any area we have to offer. Very trendy with a ton of cash behind them.

HOT ROD
06-28-2007, 06:02 PM
downtown is rapidly developing the ^^ said demographic, so I bet the Triangle District (OKC Town Center) would make an EXCELLENT location for Oklahoma City.

Besides, Triangle is close to Bricktown and the cbd - so you not only have the high incomes of Triangle but you also have the tourists from Bricktown and the top dawg office workers/execs from the cbd.

I definitely can see this happen here in two years (or less).

helloo
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I voted.....Come to OKC yum.....

Jonboyinget
06-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Lex and Terry on the BUZZ talk about it all the time! They say it's wonderful, so it must be true!

OKC PATROL
06-29-2007, 01:24 PM
I would love a Sprinkles to show up in OKC; but I seriously doubt it will happen anytime soon. They are all in very high traffic areas (walking traffic as well) with an average household income way above any area we have to offer. Very trendy with a ton of cash behind them.

The first ideal location for the owners at the present time will be situated in Nichols Hills Plaza. Nichols Hills median income is 92,000 and the avg. house value is 350,000. This is the richest city in the state by a long shot and one of the wealthiest in the region. The community has over 4,000 residents and the Plaza is always packed. No one thought Starbucks was going to come to the Plaza. But they did and they are probably the busiest Starbucks in the city. If NH and Village and other inner cities were added to the demographics of OKC then obviously many stats would change- I think many forget about that one. It will be at least 2 years until Sprinkles comes because you gotta, gotta, build the new plaza first! There is never an absolute. But I would say being on that list is a BIG deal. T-Town wasnt one of them and they are usually in the mix with OKC. Like the new apple store/cheesecake thing. The owner is Charles Nelson. I dont believe he is from OKC, but he has connections with people in NH. If any inside info is spoken then i will post them.

tuck
07-02-2007, 05:44 AM
The first ideal location for the owners at the present time will be situated in Nichols Hills Plaza. Nichols Hills median income is 92,000 and the avg. house value is 350,000. This is the richest city in the state by a long shot and one of the wealthiest in the region. The community has over 4,000 residents and the Plaza is always packed. No one thought Starbucks was going to come to the Plaza. But they did and they are probably the busiest Starbucks in the city. If NH and Village and other inner cities were added to the demographics of OKC then obviously many stats would change- I think many forget about that one. It will be at least 2 years until Sprinkles comes because you gotta, gotta, build the new plaza first! There is never an absolute. But I would say being on that list is a BIG deal. T-Town wasnt one of them and they are usually in the mix with OKC. Like the new apple store/cheesecake thing. The owner is Charles Nelson. I dont believe he is from OKC, but he has connections with people in NH. If any inside info is spoken then i will post them.

You're right, without the completion on NH Plaza, Sprinkles is a no-go. When you say the Plaza is always packed, I agree, but it is packed according to our standards. The Sprinkles in Dallas, which is in Preston Plaza, has 2 restaurants that both do more volume than 99.9% of any restaurant we have in the state!! That is what they call "packed". I would double check the Charles Nelson connection; I think he went to Casady.

I picked up 6 cupcakes from the Dallas store last week dor $30. I think they are worth the price and will go back many more times. What will other Oklahomans think?

HOT ROD
07-03-2007, 12:39 AM

^^ Im sorry, but why does every business/chain that we'd like to have be REQUIRED to be located in Nichols Hills in order for OKC to be viable?

I mean, its a CAKE SHOP...... BIG DEAL. :numchucks
Im not saying I dont want it in OKC - I do. but I think some of you are DUPED into believing what some national chains keep trying to paint - that OKC isn't anything. They are big liars, they just wont locate here because of the risk of a new large market.

Plain and simple. Do you REALLY think people from Nichols Hills give a care about Cupcakes and that they would support it??? This reminds me of Starbucks, a coffee shop, who HAD to locate in NH. Did they really think OKC was that poor that the ONLY place a company could locate was in its rich suburb????

NH has a population of 5,000 people and most of them tooo rich to care about a cake shop. I think mainstream OKC in NW, SW or central or the suburbs is where the customers for this and ALL OTHER national/chains will come from.

Im not saying Cupcakes should ONLY locate in the suburbs, but I am saying that they dont JUST have to locate in NH for OKC to be viable. I guess if it works, then so be it - but

I do believe, however, that NH should have upper crust retail - Cupcakes/Starbucks Im sorry, does not fit that bill and we shouldn't let them dictate the ONLY place they will come.

y_h
07-03-2007, 01:55 PM
^^ Im sorry, but why does every business/chain that we'd like to have be REQUIRED to be located in Nichols Hills in order for OKC to be viable?

I mean, its a CAKE SHOP...... BIG DEAL. :numchucks
Im not saying I dont want it in OKC - I do. but I think some of you are DUPED into believing what some national chains keep trying to paint - that OKC isn't anything. They are big liars, they just wont locate here because of the risk of a new large market.

Plain and simple. Do you REALLY think people from Nichols Hills give a care about Cupcakes and that they would support it??? This reminds me of Starbucks, a coffee shop, who HAD to locate in NH. Did they really think OKC was that poor that the ONLY place a company could locate was in its rich suburb????

NH has a population of 5,000 people and most of them tooo rich to care about a cake shop. I think mainstream OKC in NW, SW or central or the suburbs is where the customers for this and ALL OTHER national/chains will come from.

Im not saying Cupcakes should ONLY locate in the suburbs, but I am saying that they dont JUST have to locate in NH for OKC to be viable. I guess if it works, then so be it - but

I do believe, however, that NH should have upper crust retail - Cupcakes/Starbucks Im sorry, does not fit that bill and we shouldn't let them dictate the ONLY place they will come.

I think you're dead-on correct with respect to Starbucks. Clearly that's a business that would be foolish to think NH represents their best chance for catching on in the market. However in the "upscale cupcake" (I can't believe I just used that term) market, I can see where there's a case to be made for putting a pilot store in the region's wealthiest ZIP code. First of all, the franchises are going to be far less ubiquitous than Starbucks and thus you want to situate yourself in a district that's going to have the best proximity to the largest section of your target market. Besides the residents of NH (a fair share of whom I suspect will care enough about a froufrou cupcakery despite their preoccupation with their fabulous wealth ;-) ) the area is a mere 10-15 minute drive from scores of middle and upper middle class neighborhoods filled with folks who like to come to NH to shop.

This is not to say that NH should be the be-all, end-all for Sprinkles. Clearly if the demand is high, other locations could be added, but if you're taking the chance that OKC is a single shop market, then locating in NH, if affordable, is a no-brainer.

HOT ROD
07-03-2007, 03:19 PM
I can see your point y__k, Cupcakes is a very specialized store and hence probably falls into the upper specialty market, where a Nichols Hills location is required. Perhaps I misjudged Cupcakes a bit ...

but I was more 'mad' if you will with Starbucks. Im hoping that retailers all dont JUST follow what starbucks did in thinking that OKC only exists in NH. 1.3M residents spread over 1500 square miles is a huge territory .. and the middle class is the most prone to discretionary spending. Sure NH residents would spend without even thinking about it - but OKC also has wealthy zones and many are far away from NH yet have desireable demographics as well.

OKC PATROL
07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
You're right, without the completion on NH Plaza, Sprinkles is a no-go. When you say the Plaza is always packed, I agree, but it is packed according to our standards. The Sprinkles in Dallas, which is in Preston Plaza, has 2 restaurants that both do more volume than 99.9% of any restaurant we have in the state!! That is what they call "packed". I would double check the Charles Nelson connection; I think he went to Casady.

I picked up 6 cupcakes from the Dallas store last week dor $30. I think they are worth the price and will go back many more times. What will other Oklahomans think?

So, am I supposed to be impressed with the bling bling on your cup cake dealing?

HOT ROD
07-04-2007, 01:15 PM
you can vote more than once by the way, I did.

Keep voting, daily - for Oklahoma City!!

y_h
07-05-2007, 08:47 AM
I was more 'mad' if you will with Starbucks. Im hoping that retailers all dont JUST follow what starbucks did in thinking that OKC only exists in NH. 1.3M residents spread over 1500 square miles is a huge territory .. and the middle class is the most prone to discretionary spending. Sure NH residents would spend without even thinking about it - but OKC also has wealthy zones and many are far away from NH yet have desireable demographics as well.

Hot Rod, I must agree that Starbuck's OKC strategy is a bit odd. Have they ever made an effort to put in a location - even a kiosk - at WRWA? I would think this would be a mutually desireable location for both Starbucks and the city. And why no downtown locations? To me, these are two "fish in a barrel" districts for Starbucks.

But I digress . . .

Continue to vote to bring high end, hand held dessert treats to the good people of Oklahoma City!!!

BDP
07-05-2007, 09:01 AM
I believe that Starbucks is opening a location in the new Centennial.

I also believe that the information about Sprinkles being owned, or at least partly owned, by an Oklahoma expatriate is correct.

metro
07-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes, y_h, as BDP said, Starbucks is opening in the Centennial in Bricktown. I'm guessing by September at the latest it will be open along with the Kingpin Bowling Lounge. I do however think the CBD could support at least one Starbucks on it's own though.

Midtowner
07-05-2007, 09:15 AM

I don't see the point of being all hot and bothered over where a cupcake store decides to locate in OKC (if at all). I'm perfectly happy with our small, high quality coffee shops downtown.. and I could probably go through life without a cupcake store and be just fine.

If they want to come here.. fine.. I'll probably never darken their door anyhow.

I could probably count the times I've been to Starbucks on one hand. Independent coffee shops? Too many times to count :)

I just don't think it's possible to be as large as Starbucks and still have the same quality as a locally owned business.

jbrown84
07-05-2007, 09:43 AM
It's not like Starbucks was exclusive to Nichols Hills Plaza for very long. Once they were in the market, they expanded rapidly--and still are.

flintysooner
07-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I think the people at the Starbucks in Moore are great. I know a few names now and the manager is doing a lot of community things. Certainly it is a large company but the people who work there are members of the community - our neighbors. The same is true of Wal-mart and Home Depot. On the other hand there's a great little coffee place in downtown Moore called Rio Java that I really like, too. I enjoy the people who own it and work there.

The larger companies like Starbucks have to set up supply and distribution channels to service an entire area. That sometimes takes a little while to accomplish. There are no magic wands.

MadMonk
07-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't care if they're made with ambrosia, I'm not paying $30 for a half-dozen freakin' cupcakes!

HOT ROD
07-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Don't 4-get to vote everyone!

OKLAHOMA CITY

Tulsa people, help us out here!