View Full Version : Meiki's?

OKCGRL99
06-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Anyone been to Meiki's on Expressway and Rockwell. It's in the same center as Hobby Lobby. Any good? Prices? Thanks!

CCOKC
06-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I have not been to this location but used to go there some when it was in my neighborhood ( 39th and Lake Hefner Parkway). It was always good although it is not authentic Italian. But sometimes I find myself in the mood for old fashioned American Italian if you know what I mean. Spaghetti with Marinara and Cheese Manicotti. I am a vegetarian but my family always liked the lasagna and meatballs. The prices were always very reasonable.

y_h
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
I remember Meiki's when it was on 39th. Can't say that I was too impressed with it myself, but then again that was also 16 years ago.

Just out of curiosity, after the relocation to NW Expressway did they drop the "Route 66" from the name?

metro
06-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah, Meiki's has been around forever. It used to be on NW 39th a block west of Meridian. Then it moved to NW 39th a block east of Portland near I-44 (not Lake Hefner Parkway). I haven't eaten there in many years and can't even remember how it was. My dad used to like it. I do know their new location on NW Expressway does not have the Route 66 on the sign so I'm presuming they did drop the "Route 66".

CCOKC
06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=metro;106755]Yeah, Meiki's has been around forever. It used to be on NW 39th a block west of Meridian. Then it moved to NW 39th a block east of Portland near I-44 (not Lake Hefner Parkway).
Picky, picky you go North there you're on LHP, south you're on I-44

OKCGRL99
06-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Well we ended up going there, but I was not too impressed. I ordered a calzone and it was pretty bad. My husband ordered the lasagna though and he liked it. I don't see us going back any time soon though....

Foodluvr
09-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I went there for the first time, and it's not that bad for an american italian. I was also referred by many of my friends to try Vivo! Italian on 122nd and Rockwell and it was the best italian food i had in awhile. The prices were reasonable and the atmosphere was great. I love the music, go Michael Buble.

eataroundokc.com
06-19-2008, 09:29 AM
In case you're interested, one of our writers just published a review on Meiki's this morning. I haven't been since a long time ago when it was near I-44 on 39th, but this writer has an interesting perspective on it. Link is below:

Kick back at Meiki’s for “diner-style” Italian | Oklahoma City Restaurants (http://www.eataroundokc.com/2008/kick-back-at-meikis-for-diner-style-italian/)