View Full Version : Bricktown Ballpark to Host College World Serries?!

fsusurfer
06-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I realize this is just a writers opinion, but he proposes the Brick as a potential spot to play the College World Serries in the future!

ESPN - Albright: College World Series should hit the road - College Sports (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/columns/story?id=2910884)

jbrown84
06-28-2007, 07:40 PM
I would think we would have a big upper hand because of the fact that we are the long-time host of the women's CWS. Are they the same two weeks? It seems like, just as with the Big XII Basketball tourney, it would be a benefit for both events to be in the same city, with alot of fans hitting both tournaments. And I'm sure the women would draw crowds they otherwise wouldn't because the fans are already in town.

okchotspot
07-05-2007, 11:02 PM
The two tournaments take place at different times.

okchotspot
07-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Omaha does too good of a job of hosting the CWS for baseball just like OKC does for the softball CWS. Neither event should ever be moved.

jbrown84
07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I noticed a billboard for the KFC World Cup of Softball at Hall of Fame Stadium.

Is this a new event? Sounds like a relatively big deal.

John
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I noticed a billboard for the KFC World Cup of Softball at Hall of Fame Stadium.

Is this a new event? Sounds like a relatively big deal.

This is the World Cup of Softball's 3rd year. I think it's the first year for them to pick up a corporate sponsor, though.

It's an olympic type event with the national teams from 6 countries competing for the title...