View Full Version : DSW Shoes!

betts
06-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I was just driving into SuperTarget on Penn when a glorious sight met my eyes. DSW is going into the series of stores next to SuperTarget. This is a great addition to retail in OKC, and I believe, another sign that we are stepping onto the next retail tier. Can an Anthropologie be far behind? (Actually, supposedly no plans for an Anthropologie in OKC, sadly).

Misty
06-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I love DSW! This is great. How far up Penn is that, how many miles from the mall???

bandnerd
06-15-2007, 03:43 PM
WAAAAH I want an Anthropologie so bad!

But DSW shoes is a good sign. Wish it were closer to me :P

metro
06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm assuming you mean the SuperTarget at Memorial Rd. and Penn? Penn is a road that is about 30 miles long through the heart of the city and beyond.

betts
06-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes, Memorial and Penn.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Dsw?

betts
06-15-2007, 05:28 PM
I think it stands for Designer Shoe Warehouse. There's at least one in Dallas near the Galleria and I shop at a great one in Atlanta. I think they're only located in larger cities. They carry discounted name brand shoes, including very high end shoes like Prada, Chanel, Gucci, etc, as well as discounted less pricey brands. They've usually got great boots as well. I think they may only carry women's shoes, although I've never really paid attention.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh...So they may or may not feed my addiction to Born shoes?

:D

Karried
06-15-2007, 05:39 PM
This might help your addiction if you can't find them here:

eBay - born shoes items on eBay.com (http://clothing.search-desc.ebay.com/born-shoes_Mens-Shoes_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR10QQfsooZ 1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQftsZ2QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacat Z63850QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZ)

John
06-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm assuming you mean the SuperTarget at Memorial Rd. and Penn? Penn is a road that is about 30 miles long through the heart of the city and beyond.

Isn't there only one SuperTarget on Penn in OKC? :confused:

BG918
06-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I think it stands for Designer Shoe Warehouse. There's at least one in Dallas near the Galleria and I shop at a great one in Atlanta. I think they're only located in larger cities. They carry discounted name brand shoes, including very high end shoes like Prada, Chanel, Gucci, etc, as well as discounted less pricey brands. They've usually got great boots as well. I think they may only carry women's shoes, although I've never really paid attention.

They have one in Tulsa, it's on 71st in between Memorial and Mingo.

jbrown84
06-15-2007, 11:04 PM
They have 233 stores, so it's not particularly exclusive, but it's always great to see an addition to our retail offerings.

I really want an H&M.

Millie
06-16-2007, 10:06 AM

They carry a few designer brands, but it is mostly about the same kinds of shoes they would have at Dillards or something comparable (Born, Chinese Laundry, etc.). I know that they have tons of Born shoes, as I have bought many pairs there. DSW (I'm not aware that it stands for anything, but you might be right) is located in lots of areas- big and small- across the country. Heck, there's even one on Tulsa.

Here's their website: https://www.dswshoes.com/home.jsp

It says the store here opens July 2.

Karried
06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks Millie.... seems like Born shoes are very popular. My husband has plantar facistis... (heel spurs).

For those who like these shoes, do you think they would be good for someone who suffers foot pain?

OKCGRL99
06-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I love DSW shoes! I hail here from Syracuse, NY and we had one there too....but I have missed it and I'm glad OKC is getting one :dizzy:

Millie
06-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks Millie.... seems like Born shoes are very popular. My husband has plantar facistis... (heel spurs).

For those who like these shoes, do you think they would be good for someone who suffers foot pain?

My husband has heel problems and will only wear Rockports. He says there's an instant difference as soon as he puts them on.

I pretty much only wear Borns. I don't have foot problems, but they're sure a lot more comfortable to me than anything else I've had.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-19-2007, 12:45 AM

For what it's worth...I don't have foot problems, I have knee problems and a EE width. Without getting custom shoes done, Born are the only shoes I've been able to wear all day without pain in my knees or in my feet (due to poor fit). Eccos are too soft and make my feet hurt due to lack of support...I had the same experience with the one pair of Rockports I bought. Too soft.

John
06-19-2007, 03:04 AM
For what it's worth...I don't have foot problems, I have knee problems and a EE width. Without getting custom shoes done, Born are the only shoes I've been able to wear all day without pain in my knees or in my feet (due to poor fit). Eccos are too soft and make my feet hurt due to lack of support...I had the same experience with the one pair of Rockports I bought. Too soft.

I know they're sneakers, but have you been to a New Balance store? They carry all sorts of size/width combinations. You can't go wrong with a pair of 991's or 992's or whatever the current model is of their old standby shoe. :)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Yup...11 years of military, where I had to do my share of running...I've had several pairs of NB shoes :D I recently scored a set of EE width Asics at Academy that are MUCH nicer shoes though.

SuperScooper
06-22-2007, 01:17 AM
For those of you who are interested I found the planned opening date for DSW.

https://www.dswshoes.com/new_locations.jsp#

July 2, 2007

I just thank god that there are plenty of places for us guys to escape (Circuit City, Best Buy, Home Depot, Red Robin, Swadley's, Golf Galaxy, ETC) while you ladies are inside taking forever to find that perfect shade of (Insert your favorite color here) . Those men parking benches can get pretty uncomfortable.

ourulz2000
06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Yea, there's one here in Ft. Worth. It's okay. Not that big of a deal.

OKBound
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
We also have one here in Frisco,Tx and another one that just opened up a few months ago at WillowBend Mall in Plano,TX. I saw the store at Memorial and Penn when we were in Edmond this past weekend and was thrilled to see one near where we will be living in a couple of months.

They've upgraded their points earning and redemtion plans--a very good thing.
I love the huge selection and IMO is a great place to shop for shoes if you like trying on all kinds of shoes. :Smiley173

Unfortunately, I don't get too many chances to do this lately since my daughter is 3-1/2 yo and always on the move and grabbing stuff (future shoe-aholic in the making), so most of my shoe purchases have been online through Chadwicks, Jessica London and MetroStyle. I've had no problems, but miss out on the fun of trying them on first.