View Full Version : SoundBites @ Sunset

metro
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
At the Urban Neighbors meeting last night, I picked up a flyer about the SoundBites in the Park series (as many of us are already familiar with). This one however is not during the lunch hour. SoundBites @ Sunset will be on Friday, June 29th from 4-6pm in Kerr Park in fabulous Downtown OKC. It is a free concert by the Groove Merchants. There will be Appetizers and a cash bar provided by the Skirvin Hilton.

Way to go ksearls and the downtown OKC team!! Please schedule more of these at nights and weekends. I wish it started a little later for the after work crowd. But I guess this will catch the people getting off at 4-5pm and hopefully keep them in the CBD a little longer. I hope to see more of these this year so we don't have to wait until next year based on this year's success! Also, my wife noticed something in last week's Gazette about a new series of movies outdoors in downtown OKC this summer. It isn't free however, I think it's an admission of like $5 or something. I'll try to post on it later today as well.

jbrown84
06-15-2007, 08:42 AM
I'd love to go to outdoor movie screenings.

But why is it called Soundbites at Sunset if it's over at 6?

kmf563
06-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Sunset Cinema in Bricktown

$5 per person - First beverage free with paid admission
Full concession, plus beer

At dusk in the parking lot off Sheridan (North of the Melting Pot)

Bring your lawn chair or blanket.

No coolers. No Pets. Must be 18 or over to enter, 21 to drink.

June 14th - Travolta Night : double feature "Urban Cowboy" and "Grease"

June 28th - Victory Night : Rocky IV

July 12th - Cult Classics : double feature "Pulp Fiction" and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"

July 26th - Biker Night : "StoneCold"

August 9th - College Try : double feature "Animal House" and "Revenge of the Nerds"

jbrown84
06-15-2007, 09:14 AM
It's about time somebody did something like this. Will be a good location too.

ou_juris
06-15-2007, 01:34 PM
What about the railroad tracks right behind this parking lot? Will noise contributed to passing trains disturb the viewing? It still sounds like a lot of fun and a good date spot.

Misty
06-15-2007, 02:21 PM
I can't believe I missed Urban Cowboy. Did anyone go? How was it? Who puts this on? My favorite Urban Cowboy lines:

GET ME A BEER
and
SHE SAID WE LIVE LIKE PIGS

tuck
06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Love the lines. What about: "Are you doin' this to make your wife jealous?"
" Yep" - Bud (Bud Ulysses Davis) replied.

Misty, I went by the Skirvin bar last night @ 5:20 and couldn't find the meeting. Where was everyone?

jbrown84
06-15-2007, 02:32 PM
It was upstairs.

Misty
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry you missed it! We were in the Honors lounge on the second floor. Next month is at Legacy at Arts Quarter (pool party I think). July 12th.

Or we could go to Gilley's and call each other Bud and Sissy.

Misty
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah, how about

Sissy! Git in the truck!

tuck
06-15-2007, 02:40 PM
See you all next month.

I think I still have the liscense plates for the truck window.

Misty
06-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Come git me after work in your pickup truck and we'll go ride the bull.

tuck
06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll try...still working graveyard down at the plant.

That movie was my first so-called date ever. There were 6 of us, but still a date...right?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-16-2007, 04:26 AM
That movie was my first so-called date ever. There were 6 of us, but still a date...right?

Depends on what base you got to.

Karried
06-16-2007, 07:58 AM
That movie is one of my all time favorites!

"Love, look what you've done to me" .... that song still brings a lump to my throat!

I love John Travolta... I watched a little bit of Saturday Night Fever the other night on TV.... such a fine specimen of a man!

Still handsome now, but ..in the day.. .Dam!

metro
07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Did anyone go to the SoundBites at Sunset?