View Full Version : Former OSU Star Accused Of Indecent Exposure

OkieKAS
06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Former Oklahoma State basketball star Byron Houston was arrested on Wednesday in Oklahoma City after a woman accused him of masturbating in the SUV he was driving.

According to police, a woman reported to officers that she was driving along Northwest Expressway just before 6 p.m. near Northwest 63rd Street, when she looked over and saw a man in a dark-colored Chevrolet SUV masturbating and positioning himself in such a way that others could see him.

Houston faces three charges -- indecent exposure, engaging in a lewd act and driving with a canceled license. He is in the Oklahoma County Jail on a $4,000 bond, police said.

He has three prior convictions for indecent exposure, and he is on probation. If convicted of a fourth incident, officials said, he could face a minimum of 20 years to life in prison.

After playing for the Cowboys, Houston played four years in the NBA -- two with Golden State, one with Seattle and another with Sacramento.

windowphobe
06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I dunno. If a guy can navigate the Northwest Distressway at the tail end of rush hour and still concentrate on chicken-choking, he's a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

Midtowner
06-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow.. all those sheep jokes... no longer funny.

soonerguru
06-14-2007, 09:02 PM
As stupid as this is for him to do -- particularly with him on probation -- I still can't help but feel for this guy somewhat. Not quite like sympathy, just somewhat sad. Why do people throw so much away? Can't he get off in the privacy of his own home?

Geez. What a dumb move.

Easy180
06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Well it appears he may be going somewhere with a built in captive audience for his puppet shows

I'm here all week folks

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-14-2007, 09:34 PM
That dude needs to get a grip.

Oh...Wait...

OU Adonis
06-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Sounds like roughing up the suspect is in order.

Karried
06-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Wow, I've seen murderers get less time than this!

Houston charged, faces life in prison

By Jay F. Marks
Staff Writer
Former Oklahoma State University basketball standout Byron Houston was charged Tuesday with indecent exposure. Houston, 37, was arrested last week after a woman told Oklahoma City police she saw him masturbating in his car at a busy intersection, according to court papers.

http://promos.newsok.com/adlog.php?bannerid=3688&clientid=2339&zoneid=485&source=&block=0&capping=0&cb=6435fc409d4244357be61a85e39438f4
The charge carries as much as life in prison if Houston is convicted because he has three prior convictions for indecent exposure.
Houston was arrested June 13 after a woman identified him as the half-naked man she had seen masturbating near Northwest Expressway and Independence Avenue, according to a police officer's affidavit.
She told police it was the third time she had seen him masturbating in that area, the officer wrote.
Houston is on probation until 2009 because of prior convictions. He must register as a sex offender for 10 years beyond that date.
Houston remains jailed in lieu of $4,000 bail.
Houston, Oklahoma State's all-time leading scorer, was selected by the Chicago Bulls in the first round of the 1992 NBA draft. He averaged 3.9 points and 3.0 rebounds during a four-year NBA career with Golden State, Seattle and Sacramento.

Easy180
06-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Well I would think it's safe to say the dude can't be rehabbed if this is now his fourth conviction for the same exact thing...I would give him the option to chemically take care of his......instrument or go away for a long long time

Even though I would think he would be more of a candidate for a mental institution instead of the slammer

Karried
06-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I agree... somethings seriously wrong with the dude if he can't wait 10 minutes to get home.

He needs serious help... but not life in prison.

jbrown84
06-20-2007, 09:23 AM
He needs serious help... but not life in prison.

I agree.

OkieKAS
07-06-2007, 08:56 AM
An Oklahoma County judge says prison time is likely for a former Oklahoma State basketball star accused of indecent exposure.

Byron Houston appeared in court yesterday to face a new accusation of indecent exposure. It's the fourth time the 37-year-old has been charged with indecent exposure. He already is on probation for six years for offenses in 2001 and 2002.

Judge Ray Elliot yesterday said he plans to send Houston to prison if the latest accusation proves true.

Houston's attorney says his client needs treatment, not prison, and wants to put on testimony from medical professionals.

Houston was arrested and charged after a woman reported last month she saw him masturbating in a car during rush hour at a busy Oklahoma City intersection.