View Full Version : Some changes on the way at I-240 and Penn??

SoonerDave
06-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Came across a tidbit the other day that mentioned a couple of interesting developments that might be in the offing around the Walnut Square shopping center at I-240 west of Penn:

* Outback Steakhouse, presently located behind Olive Garden, will be moving to the now-closed Don Pablo's location east of Denny's at I-240 and Penn.

* Home Depot will be building a new store either in an existing location within the Walnut Square shopping center, or squarely in the *parking lot* of that center. This would be consistent with other stories indicating HD's current location on Shields may be perilously close if not squarely on the property to be used for the reconstructed I-35/I-240 interchange project.

Nothing more than tidbits/rumors at this point, but interesting discussion fodder if nothing else..

-soonerdave

Easy180
06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Both moves seem to make sense so I don't see why they wouldn't come to fruition

Much more visibility for Outback at the old Don Pablo's location...Crazy traffic in that area/intersection

Martin
06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
very interesting... the don pablo's location makes more sense than the current outback location. if a new home depot is indeed being built on i-240 and penn, i wouldn't see the need to maintain the one on shields... though i sure didn't think it was going to be in the way of the new interchange.

-M

SoonerDave
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm sure HD would close the Sheilds location if this story is true.

I'm no expert, but I'd have to believe that HD gets slapped silly by Lowe's due to its location. I realize its just a couple of miles farther (for me), but it *seems* a *lot* more of a hassle to get to HD than to Lowe's. In that vein, HD would be much closer to my neck of the woods if they did move...

-soonerdave

Easy180
06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Dave...Any mention of Outback having a larger bar area at the new location? :LolLolLol

SuperScooper
06-14-2007, 01:44 PM
This makes since to me.

If you look at the line of torn down houses that lead from 240 to Shields, You will see the line runs right through the Home Depot property.

I think ODOT is buying more land then they will need for the new interchange. That way if they need to expand 240 or the on ramps later on they already have the land to do so.

I would not be suprised if the Valero and the old Circuit City store end up being torn down to make room for new lanes and safety zones.

SoonerDave
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Dave...Any mention of Outback having a larger bar area at the new location?

Actually, they plan to reduce the steak service area to a small corner in the back of the building and feature a 300-seat capacity for nothing but their new sirloin margaritas.... :D

-sd

selk1
08-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Noticed remodeling beginning on the old Don Pablos on I-240. Will Outback be moving to this location?

tuck
08-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I heard this is going to be an Interurban....not 100% sure.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
08-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Dave...Any mention of Outback having a larger bar area at the new location? :LolLolLol

Once again sir...I like the way you think.