View Full Version : The OKC National Memorial is looking for volunteers!

AFCM
06-13-2007, 03:22 PM
I know you guys are passionate about our city. Well, here is your opportunity to be an ambassador for Oklahoma City and help others remember April 19, 1995.

The OKC National Memorial is looking for volunteers. I just signed up a week ago and spent a few hours at the museum yesterday. As a volunteer, you can elect to do as many hours as you want, but they ask that you volunteer at least four hours every two weeks. That's a minimum of eight hours a month!

So, is anyone interested? Umm, I don't have the museum director's business card on me at this time, so I'll have to post her office number later. Who's in?

Rifleman2C
06-14-2007, 10:34 AM
AFCM, I'm with you: I can't let this one go quietly without a response...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a great chance to get involved with supporting something that continues to impact everyone in the OKC area, and will continue that impact far into the future. If you haven't seen the OKC National Memorial lately, go see it. Remember. If it moves you, get involved. If it doesn't move you, you've probably had a bad day. Come back the next day, and see it again. And think about it.

Is there any doubt that this is worth your support, and certainly a few moments of your time?

So, AFCM, is there any way that those of us that cannot be there (due to location, etc.) can help?

AFCM
06-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure Rifleman2C, I'm really new. I do, however, have that number to the museum director. Thanks for expressing your interest.

If you're interested, contact: Joanne at (405) 409-0319

Rifleman, she might have an idea of how you can help.

Karried
06-14-2007, 11:35 AM
My problem is I can't ever get through the museum without bawling, so I'd probably make a horrible volunteer.

Here's how you can help:

Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – Official Website (http://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/secondary.php?section=7)

Rifleman2C
06-14-2007, 11:47 AM
My problem is I can't ever get through the museum without bawling, so I'd probably make a horrible volunteer.

Here's how you can help:

Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – Official Website (http://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/secondary.php?section=7)

Thanks, Karried!

I already donate through the CFC to several different charities... now I will add one more this year.

I hope others in the OKC Talk 'viewership' see this and act as well!

Misty
06-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm very emotional as well, I would be crying the entire time.

AFCM
06-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I already donate through the CFC to several different charities... now I will add one more this year.

I just mentioned that in the PM. :) That's what I did while I was on active duty. It made me feel like I was at least contributing even though I couldn't be there to volunteer. Just remember, even the smallest things help in a big way. I don't know if anyone here remembers the 168 pennies campaign. That alone raised over $500,000.