View Full Version : Mesta Park

Misty
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I noticed this weekend that some of the rental buildings had women's names on them (Lois, Betty Anne?). Does anyone know the history of these buildings and why they are named this way? Thanks!

Jen at Airports
06-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I know the buildings to which you're referring. A friend of mine lived in the Betty Lou complex. Back in the early 90s, I lived in Alta Vista (22nd Street in Mesta P.), a rental property (Fourplex) owned by the Carey Family of Heritage Hills. I was told at that time that these complexes were originally built for legislators from across the state who moved into town during the legislative sessions - five months or so out of the year. They were built with large rooms and balconies for entertaining. I don't know why the buildings themselves were named as they were though. Maybe a daughter or wife's name or even some connection to the builders' families? A few years ago the Betty Lou building you're talking about was remodeled, I think. At least it got some new paint and the landscaping was improved. They're so neat - I'm glad someone took some pride in them.