The Family Values Tour featuring:

Korn, Evanescence, Flyleaf, Atreyu, Hellyeah, Trivium and Neurosonic
rolls into the Zoo Amphitheater
on Tuesday, August 21st for
KATTFEST 2007

:yourock:

metro
06-12-2007, 06:46 PM
what kind of "family values" are they promoting?

SpectralMourning
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I believe that Korn will be teaching an early childhood development seminar, Atreyu will be promoting the Baby Einstein program, and Flyleaf will be covering Anne Murray songs. The other bands will probably be up to no good.

I really don't know what's wrong with me.

OkieKAS
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I guess that would, largely, be dependent upon the 'FAMILY' and their 'VALUES'.....

:rock_on:

blabare
06-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Cant wait for this. Been to a few before.

TheImmortal
06-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Yup, actually it is quite an achievement for Oklahoma City to land this. Last year I had to drive to Dallas to see it. If we could only land Warped Tour and Ozzfest that would definitely put OKC on the map for bigger and better concerts. I know many people that drive to Dallas for Warped Tour every summer ( I will be doing the same in a few weeks) and put in a quite a bit of money to the local economy for hotels(usually 2 nights) and 3 days worth of meals, gas etc. If we could land one of these it would definitely be a small boost to the ever growing amount tourism dollars we bring in each year.

jbrown84
06-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I really wish we could get Warped Tour.

wsucougz
06-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Korn, Evanescence, Flyleaf, Atreyu, Hellyeah, Trivium and Neurosonic

Please kill me.

Warped tour looks like it has some decent bands, though.

TheImmortal
06-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Come on we can respect each other's musical tastes right? And while I am mainly going for Atreyu, seeing I have seen the other bands multiple times, I am also going to support the attendance number of the show. The more profitable shows are in OKC the more bands that will come here. Look at Tulsa, they have million and one bands that play at Cain's, they have Dfest etc. It is because every time I go to a show there, it is sold out and the crowd stays for every single band and is enthusiastic about the show. Not so much in Oklahoma City. On another note, I have been pondering for about a year or so about getting a group together to try and pitch a proposal to the people at Warped about bringing it to OKC. The Fairgrounds would be an excellent venue for this type of show. If anyone is interested let me know

kmf563
06-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Come on we can respect each other's musical tastes right? And while I am mainly going for Atreyu, seeing I have seen the other bands multiple times, I am also going to support the attendance number of the show. The more profitable shows are in OKC the more bands that will come here. Look at Tulsa, they have million and one bands that play at Cain's, they have Dfest etc. It is because every time I go to a show there, it is sold out and the crowd stays for every single band and is enthusiastic about the show. Not so much in Oklahoma City. On another note, I have been pondering for about a year or so about getting a group together to try and pitch a proposal to the people at Warped about bringing it to OKC. The Fairgrounds would be an excellent venue for this type of show. If anyone is interested let me know

I agree. Tulsans are way more supportive of music. And they get everyone to come to Cains. I really don't care what kind of music you listen to, just get out and support it!!

I'm in if you need help with trying to get warped tour.

jbrown84
06-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Well, Cain's is just a cooler venue than anything we have.

wsucougz
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
"Come on we can respect each other's musical tastes right?"

To a certain extent, but I have to draw the line somewhere and I draw it well ahead of the korn genre. Mainly because it sucks.

Jbrown is right about Cain's, though. It's ranked in the top 40 live venue's in the country. OKC just doesn't have anything comparable. Diamond Ballroom has tried but it's just a big toolshed.

jbrown84
06-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Tower could be someday, but it's not going to happen overnight.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-16-2007, 01:12 AM
"Come on we can respect each other's musical tastes right?"

To a certain extent, but I have to draw the line somewhere and I draw it well ahead of the korn genre. Mainly because it sucks.

All the bands you like suck pickled donkey ears too.

Biz Markee 4 eva!

TheImmortal
06-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Really, all the bands? I am pretty sure I like everything from Garth Brooks to Slipknot to REM to Imogen Heap to The Who to etc. And I never defended Korn in anyway, merely mentioned the band Atreyu is who I was going to see. I just feel like a little more acceptance of other peoples individual tastes would go a long way for OKC. Once again, Tulsa has us beat by a long shot in this category.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Really, all the bands? I am pretty sure I like everything from Garth Brooks to Slipknot to REM to Imogen Heap to The Who to etc. And I never defended Korn in anyway, merely mentioned the band Atreyu is who I was going to see. I just feel like a little more acceptance of other peoples individual tastes would go a long way for OKC. Once again, Tulsa has us beat by a long shot in this category.

Sorry, my snark was directed towards wsucougz. As he doesn't think other's opinions are valid.

I'm in total agreement with you. :drunk:

TheImmortal
06-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Ah well in that case props to you. But all the same, being in a local band myself, I do realize how hard it can be to support local bands around here. There are many horrible ones. But that being said, there are many top quality bands as well. But that is another thing I often find strange. There are around 1.2 million people in the metro, but half the time you can be hard pressed to find more than 50-100 people at a local live venue. It makes me very sad sometimes.