View Full Version : The wurst new flavors you can imagine...

PUGalicious
06-12-2007, 11:28 AM
(Reuters (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/germany_sausage_dc&printer=1;_ylt=AuTAc7uFUpch7eRq3ECfG.QZ.3QA)) Hoping to spice up their summer business, German butchers have introduced a new line of exotic-tasting sausages with flavors ranging from kiwi, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe vera.

The wide variety of new ingredients may seem like heresy to what is for many ordinary Germans the national dish. But for others the new flavors may help negate stagnant demand for the greasy Bratwurst you can find on almost any street corner.

Berlin butcher Uwe Buenger has developed a "chili-honey" Bratwurst while rival Dankert has come up with a "kiwi wurst" that also includes pineapples and maraschino cherries, Bild newspaper reported Tuesday.

For sausage connoisseurs, there is also the "Truefflebratwurst" that includes truffle, a fungus spiced with black and white pepper. Other sausages in Berlin are made of lamb, ginger, parsley, cardamom and edible blossoms.

Pardon me while I throw up... :dizzy:

OkieKAS
06-12-2007, 02:02 PM
That is just pure sick - o!
What next, sno-cone flavors?

Rifleman2C
06-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Add that to my weight loss plan... if I just manage to eat two or three of those a week, I'll spend most of my time retching and recovering.

Leave it to the Germans to create 'efficient' ways to include fruit and spices that shouldn't be near each other... especially with bratwurst.

Next summer's culinary craze: Strawberry-banana breadedpork schnitzel, with a lemon-yogurt-rum infusion of new potatoes, topped with creamy mushroom gravy...

Blech!!!

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Sometimes, flavors can combine and be oddly compatible.

I had an excellent green apple/wasabi gelato the other day... well.. the gelato wasn't excellent as the texture was bad, but the flavor was.