View Full Version : 51-year-old to get probation for having sex with 15-year-old

PUGalicious
06-12-2007, 11:25 AM
What clue in the headline gives you a clue as to the sex of the adult? (Question stolen from Fark)

(PARK HILLS, KY (http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=6596968&nav=0zHF)) -- A Villa Hills mother charged with rape has accepted a plea deal.

Jeni Lee Dinkel, a Hollywood makeup artist, was in Kenton County Circuit Court on Thursday and pled guilty to a third degree rape charge. She appeared with her husband, former Cincinnati Bengal Tom Dinkel.

Jeni Lee Dinkel is accused of having sex with a 15-year-old boy in 2006 after Park Hills investigated loud parties at the Dinkel home.

As part of the plea deal, prosecutors recommended that Dinkel serve five years probation. She must also register as a sex offender and is not allowed to go near the victim, his family or his school, Covington Catholic High School, unless she is picking up her own son.

Dinkel may also not publicize her crime by participating in any movie, book, TV program or radio broadcast.

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Society seems to have a double standard when it comes to women and sex crimes of this nature.

Was there a huge condemnation of Stifler's mom in American pie?

Imagine if the genders in that fictional situation had been switched. Public outcry would follow.

OkieKAS
06-12-2007, 02:01 PM
This appears to be of those 'providing alcohol to minors in the safety of one's home so that they don't come to harm' things.....they are still investigating, as other's are coming forward......she may get some time behind bars, afterall.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Police began investigating after officers broke up a party at Dinkel's home where they say dozens of teenagers were drinking.

At a hearing Tuesday, Dinkel pled not guilty to the rape and sodomy charges. But today she changed her plea as part of a deal with prosecutors.

When asked in court whether she had sex with a 15 year old boy, Dinkel replied, "Yes sir, I did."

Dinkel must also pay for counseling for the victim.

Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders filed a felony information charging Dinkel.

When asked about the difficulty in prosecuting such a case, Sanders referred to "the societal double standard."

"It's not that we treat defendants any differently because of their sex," he said. "But we have to be realistic about the way society looks at them."

Sanders said prosecutors reached a tentative plea agreement that would "serve justice," as they considered "what would be a realistic outcome" had the case gone to trial.

"Some people don't treat this as a crime because the victim is male and the defendant is female," Sanders said.

"Obviously, I disagree with that view of these cases."

Dinkel originally faced an additional count of third-degree sodomy. Sanders said that had the case gone to trial, prosecutors "would have pursued all the charges."

Jeni Lee Dinkel's lawyer, Phil Pitzer, says Dinkle's son, Alex, recently was diagnosed with a brain tumor and is still recovering following surgery.

He said Jeni Lee herself also "had a battle with cancer in the last year."

Attorney Rene Heinrich, who represents the family of the teen who told his story to a licensed professional last month, said her client and his family are seeking treatment.

"Just because the case involves (an alleged perpetrator who's) a female and a male doesn't mean it's not sexual abuse," Heinrich, of Donovan Law, said. "This is very traumatic for a child whether it's male on female or female on male. This is very difficult on the victim and his family."

kmf563
06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
wow. It's a good thing they were all being safe in her home. :doh:

I think a little case involving a woman named Mary Kay Laterno is living proof that women do not get away with this. It is illegal to have sexual relations with a minor, no matter what sex you are. Not to mention it's just plain WRONG.

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 02:27 PM
No one doubts it's illegal. It's the societal condemnation that I'm talking about.

I think teacher-student relationships are inappropriate on their own level... but "Mrs. Robinson" in our society has always been something celebrated rather than condemned.

Who knows whether it's right or wrong? Who is to say? Yes. I agree it's illegal.. but immoral and illegal are often separate concepts.

On CNN's page, just this morning, there was a story regarding the "public outcry" over prosecutors renewing a charge against a young man who was 17 when a 15 year old initiated a sexual act with him.. He's now served 27 months of a 10 year sentence for that "crime." Defining these sorts of crimes involves a lot of arbitrary line drawing. The trouble is -- when and where you draw the line could cost someone their life.

Just ask Genarlow Wilson.

kmf563
06-12-2007, 02:32 PM
No one doubts it's illegal. It's the societal condemnation that I'm talking about.

I think teacher-student relationships are inappropriate on their own level... but "Mrs. Robinson" in our society has always been something celebrated rather than condemned.

Who knows whether it's right or wrong? Who is to say? Yes. I agree it's illegal.. but immoral and illegal are often separate concepts.

I agree that socially older woman/ younger guy scenarios are generally applauded. Just like Demi and Ashton. But I think there is a limit when it comes to being under the age of 18. While I realize some states allow you to marry at the ripe age of 13, I personally just thinks it's gross. Just my opinion though, what does that matter.

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Just my opinion though, what does that matter.

It does matter. Thanks for sharing it.

:tiphat:

OkieKAS
06-12-2007, 08:26 PM
An adult plying a minor with alcohol, then engaging in sex with him/her is wrong. Everyone should be held accountable for breaking the law, no matter who they are!

Apparently, when the officers answered the disruptive neighborhood call..... they detected that minors there were being supplied with alcohol....

Most generally, cops will only contact the parents of minors to retrieve them. That must be how the parents found out.

After a 4 month investigation, they charged Dinkle with the sex crime.

I am sure that ARBONNE dropped her like a hot potato!

I hope that all of the parents sue her.

allseeingeye
06-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I wonder what the punishment would have been if it was a 51 year old man and a 15 year old girl????

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Yep! Big difference.

We men are such a downtrodden lot :(

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Based on my sexual experiences over the last *mumble-mumble* years, I've been with *mumble-mumble* women in my life, and I can say without a doubt in my mind that if I were given a choice to have sex with a 16 year old hard-bodied cheerleader or a 40 year old divorced mother of two, I'd take the 40 year old woman without hesitation. A) They're better at it and B) They're probably doing it for the right reasons.

Something is WRONG with people that like them that young. Male or female.

OkieKAS
06-13-2007, 01:25 PM
It is reported that that most sexual predators go after or choose to chat and try to meet up with 15 year olds girls. Men that go after young teen girls just want someone that they can control, or for the experience of rape or to murder.

:congrats: For Oh GAWD...for choosing the MATURE woman over the child.

Jail-Bait is still jail-bait.
There are severalmany guys, teens and aged men still sitting in jail for making the wrong choice.

Every adult, rather it be a male or a female, that exhibits inappropriate and unlawful behavior(s) including sexual assault, sexual exploitation and other behavior(s) that breaches appropriate boundaries, to a minor, should go to JAIL and be labeled a sexual predator.

Midtowner
06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
OkieKAS, what would you say to Genarlow Wilson, a boy who was convicted for receiving oral sex from a 15 year old when he was 17? Sentenced to 10 years in prison?

Does he deserve to be in jail and be labeled a sexual predator?

OkieKAS
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
I do not consider being 17 years old an adult. He was a minor and should never have been jailed for engaging in consensual (oral, even at that) sex with a 15 year old minor. Aggravated Child Molestation for a voluntary act of oral sex with another teenager.

Genarlow Wilson's arrest and subsequent imprisonment ( Genarlow received a sentence of eleven years — a mandatory 10 years in prison and 1 year on probation.) was and still is, totally politically motivated. He didn't accept the plea deal that the other 6 males with him did, so they tried him by what was within the law to try him on. He lost. In the end he will be the one that changed the law to reflect truth in justice, for the next one that ventures down his path. The law is the law until it is amended. 11 years is a bit steep for the sentence, essentially when the other participant is a minor, too.

I didn't read anywhere whether that was mandatory or not. (?????). Seems like the sentence could have been suspended.

However, wrong it may appear, he did violate GA's law and was held accountable for it. I don't like the pre-meditation of the video camera, that they had or the alcohol and/or drugs involved. Thumbs-Up for the use of condoms.

Video camera + alcohol/drugs + minors + motel room = a parent's nightmare!

I sure didn't like the fact that he had sex with a girl that was 17, on video that indicated she was intoxicated or medicated. That was wrong. But the jury acquitted him and the others of the charge of rape for that particular incidence.

All in all...it was still between minors. Had it been my minor daughter captured on video-tape, I would have seen that all of those involved were tossed under the jail cell!

The law in GA considers sex with someone under the age of 16 years unlawful. Until 1998, oral sex between husband and wife was illegal, punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Minors engaging in consensual sex is just that. Minors exploring. Sad, but it is so. It happens. They do not have the experiences of life, yet, for them to choose differently. Their constant subjections to sex is presented by the media, and through their own raging hormones.

Actually, in Biblical times and in times of our ancestors, when a girl began her period, she was old enough to engage in the act of sex for the purpose of child- bearing, which was what sex was optimally used for. Mistresses and concubines were there for sexual pleasure.

The age that most females engage is sex used to be around the age of 17, now, with the pressure's of today's society, that is more likely to be around 12, now.

The only way, in mho, for this to be an actual crime is if the behavior was (1) Forced (2) An act of molestation/abuse. (3) An act that knowingly & willfully transferred a STD or AIDS.
=================================
I know of a situation where the male child (age 13) and a female child (age 10) engaged in sexual explorations, (play discoveries - no penetration) in the State of GA, that resulted in the sentence of the male child being locked away in the Juvenile system for going on 5 years, now. The parents of both children declined to file charges. But the State of GA didn't see it like that.
==============================================

June 13, 2007

On Wednesday, June 13, Monroe County Superior Court Judge Thomas Wilson ordered the release of Genarlow Wilson. Calling Genarlow’s eleven year sentence a “miscarriage of justice,” Judge Wilson declared: “If this court, or any court, cannot recognize the injustice of what has occurred here, then our court system has lost sight of the goal our judicial system has always strived to accomplish…Justice being served in a fair and equal manner.” Additionally, Genarlow will not be placed on the Georgia sex offender registry.

Unfortunately, Genarlow’s struggle is not over. A few hours after Judge Wilson’s decision, Georgia Attorney General Thurbert Baker filed for an appeal, meaning that the Georgia Supreme Court will now determine Genarlow’s fate. We asked the District Attorney to agree to bond but he did not so we have to wait until July 5th to try and get a bond from the Douglas County Superior Court.

--------------------------------------------
Genarlow Wilson

Genarlow Wilson and a group of friends had the kind of bash no parent would want their teenager to attend. Crime scene investigators combing the room in a Days Inn in the small town of Douglasville, Ga., found evidence of drinking, as well as condoms and wrappers littered all over. Plus, there was a video camera.

Wilson, then 17 and an honor student and star athlete who was homecoming king, is seen having intercourse with a 17-year-old girl, who was seen earlier on the bathroom floor. During the sex act, she appears to be sleepy or intoxicated but never asks Wilson to stop. Later on in the tape, she is seen being pulled off the bed.

Other portions of the tape show a second girl, who was 15 and later said she did not drink that night. She was recorded having oral sex with several boys in succession, including Wilson.

The following morning, Wilson got a phone call that would change his life. He learned from a friend that the 17-year-old had gone to the police to report that she'd been raped.

"I was, like, 'What? When was this happening? Did this happen at the same party I was at?'" Wilson said. "It was shocking to me."

Authorities believed the 17-year-old alleged rape victim and said she was too intoxicated to consent to any sexual acts, which is what Georgia law requires, otherwise these acts can be considered rape.

Six boys, including Wilson, were arrested on various charges, including rape. District Attorney David McDade said the videotape was critical to his case. "There is no doubt that without the videotape we would have to be relying on the statements of these young people, and that would have been a more difficult prosecution," he said.

Wilson maintained his innocence. "I know that it was consensual, I wouldn't went on with the acts if it wasn't consensual. I'm not that kind of person. No means no."

Five of the boys accepted plea deals, but Wilson -- the only one without a police record -- held out. "I knew Genarlow's state of mind," said his attorney, Michael Mann. "He wasn't going to prison willingly. He wasn't going to plea to something in his mind he didn't do."

He stood trial in February 2005 for five days. And at first, the jury's deliberations moved swiftly. Jurors voted to acquit Wilson of raping the 17-year-old.

"I mean it wasn't even an hour," said jury forewoman Marie Manigault. "We immediately saw the tape for what it was. We went back and saw it again and saw what actually happened and everybody immediately said not guilty."

But there was one other charge the jury had to decide on. The second girl in the videotape was 15, and the age of consent in Georgia is 16. And under state law, prosecutors charged Wilson with aggravated child molestation. To those close to the young man, it was an outrage.

"Nobody could believe that this is the law," Mann said.

Even jurors frowned on the charge. "A bad law, absolutely," Manigault said.

And in Georgia, that they'd had oral sex made matters worse. Until 1998, oral sex between husband and wife was illegal, punishable by up to 20 years in prison. In Wilson's case, even though he is only two years older than the girl, she was 15 and -- willing or not -- could not consent legally that night.

A jury acquitted him of the allegation of Rape but convicted him of Aggravated Child Molestation for a voluntary act of oral sex with another teenager. He was 17, and she was 15.

Along with the label “child molester” which will require him throughout his life to be on a sexual offender registry, Genarlow received a sentence of eleven years — a mandatory 10 years in prison and 1 year on probation.

On July 1st, the new Romeo and Juliet law went into effect in Georgia for any other teen that engages in consensual sexual acts. That change in the law means that no teen prosecuted for consensual oral sex could receive more than a 12 months sentence or be required to register as a sex offender.

Had this law been in effect when Genarlow Wilson was arrested, or had been done after the Marcus Dixon case, Genarlow would not now be in jail.