View Full Version : Something BIG is about to shed light in the media. (Possibly)

AFCM
06-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I have a few sources "in the know" and I received an email from one of them today. In the email, he indicated that something big was going to hit the media and it would have huge political implications overseas. From the tone of it, it likely involves corruption with military or government officials. He didn't, however, state when the news would break, but indicated it would be soon.

Karried
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow, that sounds intriguing..... any more info?

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Is it this?

Secret UN report condemns US for Middle East failures

Envoy's damning verdict revealed as violence takes Gaza closer to civil war

Read Alvaro de Soto's end of mission report

Rory McCarthy in Jerusalem and Ian Williams in New York
Wednesday June 13, 2007
The Guardian

The highest ranking UN official in Israel has warned that American pressure has "pummelled into submission" the UN's role as an impartial Middle East negotiator in a damning confidential report.

Secret UN report condemns US for Middle East failures | Israel and the Middle East | Guardian Unlimited (http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,2101677,00.html)

AFCM
06-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, because of the Paris drama the story's not getting any exposure. In fact, the media has yet to even touch on it from what I can see. Another reason the story may not be getting any exposure is because the Air Force is trying to keep a tight lid on the whole situation.

The story goes like this: As some of you may remember, an Air Force officer by the name of Major Jill Metzger ended up missing while serving a tour in Kyrgyzstan. She claimed that she had been abducted, and the media went nuts with it. Well, I don't know if any of you noticed, but all of the sudden the Air Force didn't want to talk about it.

In a nutshell, her story didn't add up and there was A LOT of circumstantial evidence indicating she lied about her whereabouts. This is a big deal because the accusations strained relations between the US and Kyrgyzstan, who denied the abduction. Kyrgyzstan police stated they had evidence that Metzger was hiding out and getting an abortion rather than being abducted.

Now, the Air Force won't talk about this matter anymore, which kind of says it all. If her story was confirmed, she would've been hailed a hero and paraded all over the media. Instead, she has received no medals of valor and has been pushed under the rug. In fact, she even took a polygraph to back up her story and failed. So, what happened to her? Nothing punitive. As it turns out, she has a lot of connections with higher ranking individuals in the Pentagon and she's being retired with military benefits instead of facing charges.

This isn't as big of a story as my source implied, but it is a big deal. This is just another example of preferential treatment in the military. My buddy thought it was going to make a splash all over the news, but he failed to remember how much attention Paris deserves...sarcasm. For any of you who have served, you can imagine how much trouble you'd be in if you 1.) Went AWOL 2.) Made a false official statement 3.) Caused international strain and media attention by accusing a host national of kidnapping 4.) Went off base to have an abortion 5.) Committed adultery, thus leading to having the abortion...so on and so forth.

I'm not saying she did all of these things, but circumstantial evidence and her failed polygraph test point this way. Maybe not as big of a story overall, but big within the military. A lot of troops are disgusted by what they perceive as preferential treatment within the military. This only pours salt on the wound considering it received so much attention initially.

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 09:00 PM
The UN story is bigger :)

Karried
06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Unbelieveable that she can get away with this! How does it go?

It's not what you know but who you know?

AFCM
06-12-2007, 09:42 PM
The UN story is bigger :)

True. The story hasn't hit the media just yet, but when (if) it does you can be sure the enlisted folks are going to have some thoughts on this.

I'm so tired of the military trying to cover up its tracks when one of its members does something wrong. Integrity is one of the first things the military tries to instill in their members when their indoctrinated. I've learned that high ranking officers are virtually immune from the UCMJ and it disgusts me.

Midtowner
06-12-2007, 09:52 PM
True. The story hasn't hit the media just yet, but when (if) it does you can be sure the enlisted folks are going to have some thoughts on this.

I'm so tired of the military trying to cover up its tracks when one of its members does something wrong. Integrity is one of the first things the military tries to instill in their members when their indoctrinated. I've learned that high ranking officers are virtually immune from the UCMJ and it disgusts me.

Absolutely. A good friend of mine just got back from Afghanistan after he reported the possibly criminal conduct of his C.O. who was allowing his department at UCO to misappropriate funds.

I'm very proud of this friend of mine.. He was denied entry into OCS and after being first in his law school class was shipped to Afghanistan due to the vengeful acts of his former C.O.

If the military wants to emphasize morality and character, they have a funny way of showing it. Amazingly, this man doesn't hold a grudge against the Army. He served honorably in Afghanistan for 15 months.

Stuff like this really gets my goat. I question how our military can be effective when it is so dominated by morons at the highest levels. I guess it starts with Bush and his revolving door at the top -- if you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he replaces you.

-- very disappointing.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Absolutely. A good friend of mine just got back from Afghanistan after he reported the possibly criminal conduct of his C.O. who was allowing his department at UCO to misappropriate funds.

I'm very proud of this friend of mine.. He was denied entry into OCS and after being first in his law school class was shipped to Afghanistan due to the vengeful acts of his former C.O.

If the military wants to emphasize morality and character, they have a funny way of showing it. Amazingly, this man doesn't hold a grudge against the Army. He served honorably in Afghanistan for 15 months.

Stuff like this really gets my goat. I question how our military can be effective when it is so dominated by morons at the highest levels. I guess it starts with Bush and his revolving door at the top -- if you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he replaces you.

-- very disappointing.

And people stare at me funny when I tell them I got out after 11 years.

Midtowner
06-13-2007, 12:36 AM
It may be cliché, but thank you for your service.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-13-2007, 12:51 AM
It may be cliché, but...No applause...Just throw money :D