View Full Version : Did I miss Spring?

Karried
06-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow... all of the sudden I'm thrust into 90 plus weather and I'm hot and grumpy and dare I say? a tad 'glistening' with all of this humidity.. where have I been?

The worst part.. gasp, perpetual bad hair days!

Thank God for air conditioning! I'm in such a whiny mood today. It's the heat.

Easy180
06-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Feel the same...Trying to psych myself up to get out and mow the back yard

Every summer I dread the wife and I's decision to get a plot with a large back yard

What the he** was I thinking? :bright_id

Karried
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Don't do it. You run the risk of a heat stroke.

The grass will die soon enough anyway if you don't water it, lol

CCOKC
06-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Feel the same...Trying to psych myself up to get out and mow the back yard

Every summer I dread the wife and I's decision to get a plot with a large back yard

What the he** was I thinking? :bright_id

I know what you mean. We have an acre and have been spending about 3 hours every Friday, Saturday and Sunday picking weeds and mulching. A loft downtown maybe?

OkieKAS
06-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Spring has flown the coop, and I reckon we are in for a very HOT Summer!

I like to venture outdoors in the early mornings to get some good pics, but then a herd of mosquitoes attack me, or the gnats! Same as in the early evening. The smell of bug spray makes me quite nauseous. I can't afford to puke, the meds cost toooooooooo much!

The only place we have in town is Wal-Mart to go to in the hopes of any escape, being a Super - Center, I don't much care for walking around in there.

McDonald's is open 24 hrs now through the Drive - Thru.....wowerz

We actually do have a 6 screen movie theater! As well as the old Chief Drive - In Movie!

It is quite nice to have the internet to escape to. :Smiley199

I don't often venture out to anywhere in town, much. I love to browse at the Goodwill, and we do have a rather nice one here. I love to snoop into any vintage items or books. I love to collect vintage Oklahoma memorabilia, WW2 and the Civil War books and vintage postcards.

I, once, bought an early 1800's Bible in there and located the family in Kansas, that was pretty cool, and I sent them the Bible.

Of course there is also eBay, and I have gotten a lot of super-great vintage Oklahoma items from there. Mainly, books, stamps and postcards. My Auntie and I sold on eBay and it was quite fun and very profitable, with items we bought at garage sales and thrift stores. We were and still are TWOKRAZYOKIES, :dizzy: :dizzy: but she moved to GA, so I guess that would make it ONEKRAZYOKIE, now. :dizzy: it got entirely too hectic for me to do it alone, so I don't have anything 4sale, now. I just BUY.

Hubby and I were, both, in college when we married and he was working at a horse trailer co. here in Chix, so we didn't get but a couple of days in a motel for a quite brief, but enjoyable, honeymoon, in 1976. The old San Man Motel/Chickasha. It has long been razed and a Mexican Res. is there, now, but I actually located an old vintage postcard on eBay of it. That was real interesting! awwwwwwww.......the memories........LOL

I, mostly, just love to roam the internet. My son asked me if I had found the end of it, yet? hardy-har-har-har
He is on eBay so much, I call him Jay-eBay, now. Not to mention Pirate 4x4. He actually chuckles .....outloud, there........boy-heads :::::rolleyes:::::

I miss the good ole days with LESdaBEST. Life was never a bit dull when she was around! It was always such a head-trip to take her out! Gosh....gee....

Time Flies......

Hope y'all find something to get in to, today and beyond.

Have fun with those kiddies!