View Full Version : Atm Help!!!

Karried
06-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I need some reassurance.. went to the ATM on Penn/Memorial earlier.. attempted to withdraw $300... transaction went through, screen instructs to take the cash... problem? No cash came out! The slot was blocked or something. The machine automatically cancelled the transaction. So, we left.

Went down to another ATM and tried to withdraw funds.. said limit was maxed out so I used another card from the same account and took out $300. Came home and my on-line bank account shows that we withdrew $600!

Of course, I can't reach anyone today. My fear is that someone came behind us, took out $20 and our $300 came out so the machine will balance out!

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow but I'm sorta freaked out that I'll be out $300!

Any experience with this sort of thing?

kevinpate
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
make early morning calls to the bank, unless of course you have an email account addy of someone in your bank, then send as many details as you can this eve, copying yourself, and followup with the early morning calls in the morning.

You're likely ok, but if it were my account, that's how I would approach it.
Well, except for the time many many years ago when i found I could move funds back and forth ebtween two accounts, but could not get anything out of the machine so I could go get a pizza. My early morn on that one was to walk in and close both accounts and drive across town to the other bank.

I never went back, but I suspect they got over it. If I ever hit the lotto though, then they'll regret having messed with me, muwhahahahahahaaha

Easy180
06-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Doubt your scenario of someone lucking out and getting your $300 could happen karried...Used to work retail in a bank that serviced it's own atm and this kind of thing happened from time to time...Don't really remember a time where the customer got stiffed

Usually pretty easy to locate the outage or overage and they will either credit you back or the pending memo debit will just fall off after the end of business on Monday night

Karried
06-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys, I finally got ahold of a Live person who said call in the morning and explain that the machine failed to dispense my cash.

I'll let you know how it goes.

AFCM
06-10-2007, 09:25 PM
You weren't going to wire the money, were you? :)

I hope everything works out well for you.

Karried
06-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Ha!

I was buying a cute puppy who was going to be shipped from Nigeria!

But I remembered to Never, Ever, Never, Ever wire money ....lol