View Full Version : I have no respect for Cier!!

metro
06-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Okay, I've been meaning to update the old thread: http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/7299-graffiti-problem-downtown.html?highlight=graffiti

in which we talked about the rapidly growing graffiti problem in OKC. I know we had one okctalk member "Cier" who has openly admitted on this forum to doing graffiti around town. He basically "gets off" by seeing his name plastered on buildings. Just recently (not counting what I've seen from him over the last year) I've seen his name freshly painted on historic buildings in Uptown on 23rd street next to the Tower Theater, schools, churches, a fire station, a Wal-Mart, several highway overpasses, and just 2 minutes ago on Channel 5 news they showed several of the large green highway directional signs painted in the last day or two by "Cier" on I-35 and I-40. They mentioned just those few highway signs caused over $15,000 in damage. I'm estimated this dude has caused tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage in the last year or so. I know in the last few months we reported problems on his work on brand new buildings downtown. I also recently noticed his graffiti on the Walker eastbound off ramp downtown and several vacant buildings and homeless shelters. This guy has no respect for this city or its citizens. He needs to be locked up for good.:fighting3

SuperScooper
06-07-2007, 11:36 PM
I read his posts in the other thread.

If loves painting so much, why doesn't he go to school and become licensed to do paint and body work. I would think the art of spraying a Krylon can is not too much different than using an air hose and nozzle.

If he is good at he can do freelance work and paint graphics on businesses, cars, and schools. He could also open his own shop somewhere.

At least he would be making money, instead of costing us taxpayers money that could go towards things such as road improvements, parks and other things.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-08-2007, 12:18 AM
I'll tag him.

SpectralMourning
06-08-2007, 12:48 AM
How about just tar and feathering him? When did that practice end anyway?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-08-2007, 12:56 AM
How about just tar and feathering him? When did that practice end anyway?

I got no memo stating the cessation of such practices.

But I'm really not on the mailing list for such things, so I say we just superglue his willy to his thigh and chain him to Paris Hilton.

tuck
06-08-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm in for whatever punishment is decided. Being a business owner at NW 23rd & Hudson, I am sick of this freak. We have started reported every single incident to the police and also keeping 2-3 colors of paint in house for clean up.

PUGalicious
06-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Okay, I've been meaning to update the old thread: http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/7299-graffiti-problem-downtown.html?highlight=graffiti

in which we talked about the rapidly growing graffiti problem in OKC. I know we had one okctalk member "Cier" who has openly admitted on this forum to doing graffiti around town. He basically "gets off" by seeing his name plastered on buildings. Just recently (not counting what I've seen from him over the last year) I've seen his name freshly painted on historic buildings in Uptown on 23rd street next to the Tower Theater, schools, churches, a fire station, a Wal-Mart, several highway overpasses, and just 2 minutes ago on Channel 5 news they showed several of the large green highway directional signs painted in the last day or two by "Cier" on I-35 and I-40. They mentioned just those few highway signs caused over $15,000 in damage. I'm estimated this dude has caused tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage in the last year or so. I know in the last few months we reported problems on his work on brand new buildings downtown. I also recently noticed his graffiti on the Walker eastbound off ramp downtown and several vacant buildings and homeless shelters. This guy has no respect for this city or its citizens. He needs to be locked up for good.:fighting3
A life sentence for damage to property??? Man, I'm glad you're not in charge of sentencing guidelines.

Don't get me wrong. I think he should be held accountable for illegal actions that he's been proven to have committed, including some jail time plus one minute of community service for every dollar of damage done (250 hours for $15,000 damage) plus repayment to the victims for the damage done.

kmf563
06-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Doing time isn't going to make this kid learn anything other than bragging rights to his other loser friends about doing time for his tagging. They need to make him clean up his own work. Watching his stuff disappear under a clean coat of paint without his name on it will hurt his heart. And then go further and make him do community service to clean up other people's messes that he didn't personally make. He will in turn learn responsibility and how it feels to clean up after other people. And then let's talk about getting him some counseling....what is going on in his life that makes him feel so small? I've yet to meet a tagger that didn't feel UNimportant. They spread their name all over the place because they feel like their lives don't matter to anyone and they just want someone to remember their name. It's really sad. Nothing that a good therapist and some art classes couldn't fix. Cier could go on to become one of our top designers or he could fall through the cracks in our system and be in and out of jail for the rest of his life.

MadMonk
06-08-2007, 08:20 AM
That's too bad. If he has good potential as an artist, he may be exchanging a nice career for a jail term with bubba the artist-hater.

John
06-08-2007, 01:03 PM
He should have to stand during daylight hours for a full week at all locations he tagged with a hot pink sandwich board saying "My name is ____ and I vandalized this property."

Then they should cut off the index finger of each hand.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Nah, just have him paint the lines on NW Expressway during rush hour with a toothbrush.

Midtowner
06-08-2007, 01:08 PM
A life sentence for damage to property??? Man, I'm glad you're not in charge of sentencing guidelines.

Don't get me wrong. I think he should be held accountable for illegal actions that he's been proven to have committed, including some jail time plus one minute of community service for every dollar of damage done (250 hours for $15,000 damage) plus repayment to the victims for the damage done.

Yeah, that's a little steep.

I don't think he was seriously advocating that, however. I sense there's a lot of righteous anger directed at anyone who thinks they are right in defacing property which is not theirs.

There ought to be full restitution ordered though. No doubt.

jbrown84
06-08-2007, 01:09 PM
He should have to stand during daylight hours for a full week at all locations he tagged with a hot pink sandwich board saying "My name is ____ and I vandalized this property."

Then they should cut off the index finger of each hand.

I like that.

OkieKAS
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
He should be doing community service, by painting historical murals for our centennial celebrations all over OKLAHOMA!

John
06-08-2007, 06:50 PM
He should be doing community service, by painting historical murals for our centennial celebrations all over OKLAHOMA!

I don't think he'd even know what to do with a paintbrush!

Pope
06-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I personally like graffiti. It gives places the whole big-city feel. I mean actual good graffiti though, where you can tell it's a good artist that made it. Not as in someone putting 'LOLZ U SUK I RULE' or 'F U' on the side of a building, but something that takes time and talent. I'd hate to live in a city where everything is all prim and proper and perfect. Be too boring and ugly.

Matt
06-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't think he'd even know what to do with a paintbrush!

I know one thing he could do with a paintbrush. . .

John
06-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Saw some more of his work yesterday.

Pure trash. Not even an ounce of 'art' in the work. Just vandalism.

Lock him up and throw away the key.

jbrown84
06-10-2007, 02:30 PM
I personally like graffiti. It gives places the whole big-city feel. I mean actual good graffiti though, where you can tell it's a good artist that made it. Not as in someone putting 'LOLZ U SUK I RULE' or 'F U' on the side of a building, but something that takes time and talent.

So that makes it okay to vandalize others' property?

Pope
06-11-2007, 03:58 AM
So that makes it okay to vandalize others' property?

Wow, you must be some sort of shrink or something. Being able to see that I totally said that even though I didn't in words. You're just great. </sarcasm>