View Full Version : Stay Free at the Sheraton Hotel OKC

Patrick
11-18-2004, 12:05 AM
lol! Hey, just complain a whole lot and maybe you'll get a full refund on your room! Just do the complaining the morning after you've stayed and demand a refund. You're liekly to get it. Just make sure not to laugh when you're making te request!

Read below:

Downtown’s Westin Hotel to be re-flagged as Sheraton
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2004

OKCBusiness NewsWire

Downtown’s Westin Hotel to be re-flagged as Sheraton

The Westin Oklahoma City Hotel officially becomes the Sheraton Oklahoma City Hotel today. The 395-room hotel is located in the heart of downtown near the Bricktown Entertainment District. Both the Westin and Sheraton brands are members of the Starwood family of hotel brands. The Sheraton brand has been in existence for 67 years and is one of the most recognizable hotel brands in the world.

The conversion will culminate in a “Sign Lighting Ceremony” which will take place in front of the hotel at 5:00 p.m. Mayor Mick Cornett will be in attendance, in addition to other city officials and representatives from both Starwood Hotels and Resorts and the new Sheraton Oklahoma City Hotel.

“We are extremely excited about this change and what it will mean to the Oklahoma City market,” said General Manager Dale Gannon. “The Sheraton brand carries with it a tremendous history of exemplary service and hospitality, and we feel privileged to have that here in downtown Oklahoma City.”

With this conversion comes many of the features that have made the Sheraton brand famous. The world-renowned “Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed” will be a part of this change, offering customers a custom-designed high-coil count Sealy Posturepedic Plush top mattress set, cozy fleece blankets, crisp cotton sheets, a plump duvet, and five cushy pillows.

“The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed concept is less than a year old,” said Matthew Cowden, director of sales and marketing. “It is the latest development from Starwood Hotels & Resorts since the incredible success they had with the Westin brand’s Heavenly Bed. This new concept from Sheraton takes bed design and comfort to a whole new level.”

Also impacting the customer is the new Sheraton Service Promise, which assures that every customer is completely satisfied with their stay. “If our customer is not satisfied, then we’re not satisfied,” Gannon said. “And, with the Sheraton Service Promise, we will make it up to them with an instant discount, points for our rewards program, or even a refund. All they have to do is tell us. This is a revolutionary guarantee to our customers, and one that will set us apart from other hoteliers in Oklahoma City.”

The hotel will continue to be managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts, and the remaining phases of the hotel’s $8.5 million in renovations will be completed by the first quarter of 2005, as originally planned.

Also, to celebrate the upcoming conversion, The Sheraton Oklahoma City Hotel is giving away a trip-for-two to the 2004 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl in Honolulu. The winner will receive luxury accommodations at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel, air transportation courtesy of United Airlines. Interested individuals must register at the hotel’s front desk by Dec. 10. The winner will be selected Dec. 13.

Patrick
11-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Okay, I'm completely joking about trying to stay free at the Sheraton, but it jsut came to my mind when I read the article.

Anyways, the beds sound like they're going to be cumffy! I'm still staying at the Renaissance though the first night after I get married! lol!

Moondog
11-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Wasn't this same hotel a Sheraton before it became the Westin? Wasn't it the Sheraton Century Center or something along that line?

Keith
11-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Patrick, you won't be sleeping the first night of your honeymoon anyway.....so you won't even notice the comfort of the bed :wink: :love_bed:

Patrick
11-21-2004, 01:42 AM
lol! Funny Keith. But true!

Hey, Moondog. First off, welcome to the forum.

Yeah, you're right....before it was the Westin it was the Medallion. Before the Medallion it was the Sheraton, with the attached shopping mall known as the Sheraton Century Center. So basically, I guess we're back where we started. When it was built it was a Sheraton. I never really understood why the name was changed....I guess because the Medallion Hotel Chain acquired it.